Friday, February 6, 2015

Club Clio (Union Square) Mini Haul

Last week was the grand opening of Club Clio in Union Square on 11 W 14th St. They house 3 brands: Peripera, Goodal, and Clio Professional. Clio Professional is a beauty brand focused on color cosmetics that was created and developed by professional makeup artists in Korea. They are famous for the Kill Black and Gelpresso eyeliners and continue to create innovative beauty products like the Lipnicure and Cushion CC Compacts. Their packaging reminds me of MAC and many of their products are formulated in Italy.
Peripera is a beauty color brand created for the feminine, cute, playful, and romantic woman. Also known for delivering exceptional quality and a diverse collection of beauty products, they have become famous for their lip tints and fun packaging. Their packaging is similar to Benefit or The Balm.

Goodal is the newest brand developed by Club Clio with a focus on quality, natural skincare products free of parabens, sulfates, and other harsh chemicals that are damaging to the skin. They have become well known for being leaders in taking a natural approach to skincare.

The store is small, similar in size to the NYC Tony Moly and Face Shop stores. When I arrived, there were only a handful of people in the store which made me a little nervous. I dislike it when sales associates hover over the customer and watch you like a hawk. Luckily, they let me browse freely and were available whenever I needed help.

I had been debating between two foundations from the Clio brand for the past month, Kill Cover Highest Wear Foundation or the Kill Cover Realest Wear Moist Foundation. I was reluctant to make a purchase online without swatching the shades in person. I decided to go with the Realest Wear Moist foundation and chose the shade Lingerie, 2-BP. There are 3 shades listed as 2 Lingerie, 3 Linen, and 4 Ginger. 2 and 3 are very similar except that 2 has more pink undertones and 3 has yellow undertones. I won't go into detail about this foundation since I WILL put up a review when I've tested it out for a few weeks.

The other item I purchased was the Gelpresso Waterproof Pencil Gel Liner ($22) in Star Purple. It's filled with a sliding gel texture in a retractable auto pencil. It glides on smoothly and gives a high defined eye line. The liner is creamy and I hope this lives up to its claims of staying put all day long with no smudging.
Available in 12 shades
Hawaiian Orange
Deepsea Blue
Leaf Green
Gold Shine
Star Purple
Metallic Silver
Golden Black
Chic Navy
Beige Shine
Jade Green
Golden Khaki
Dark Choco


Samples
And then there were the samples I received!
2 Goodal Trans Foam Cleansing Oil packets
Goodal Pjytorain Murumuru Seed Hydra Skin Care Set
2 Goodal Waterest Lasting Water Oil
Peripera  Peri's Tint Water in 2 Pink Juice
If I had gone a little later in the day I would have also received a free eyeliner with a purchase over $60 but I'm happy with what I got.

Have a great weekend and as always, thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer




No comments:

Post a Comment