Monday, April 6, 2015

TesterKorea Haul

I've finally received my second order from TesterKorea one month after I first placed the order. It took the company quite some time to gather together my order and then the package seemed to be sitting in customs for what seemed like forever. I placed the order on Wednesday, March 4th and it wasn't shipped out until Thursday, March 16th.


There is currently a spring sale of up to 35% off items that are under the brand sale category. Warning, this site is addictive! I find myself filling up the cart, editing products out, and then putting some more things in before I make the final order. I won't go into too much detail about what I purchased since I plan on reviewing everything except for two items.

Here's what I purchased:
TONYMOLY My Little Pet Wrinkle Line Patch 2 ea 
1750 won (I forget what the previous exchange rate was, something like 1085 won=$1. Now it's 1099 won=$1)
I bought 3 patches since I wasn't sure how effective they'd be in reducing smile lines. As I get older I notice those smile lines embedding deeper and deeper into my face. It's amazing how Koreans make firming, wrinkle, brightening patches for every part of the face and body these days. As expected with TonyMoly packaging, the brand doesn't disappoint with the cute bull dog in front.


TONYMOLY My Little Pet Eye Patch 2 ea
1750 won=$1.61 The price is now 2500 won.
There's a little hamster on the front of the packaging with this one. I wasn't sure what animal this was until I read the description on the back. This eye patch brightens skin around the eyes which can look dull and dark. I'll let you know my thoughts after I've tested these out.


MISSHA Pure Source Sheet Mask 
700 won=65 cents The price is now 1000 won.
I bought 5 sheet masks: 2 pomegranate (improve damaged skin), 1 green tea (moisturizing and brightening), and 2 lemon (controlling sebum and opening pores). I have been curious about the Missha sheet masks so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try them at such a good price.


INNISFREE Shadow Pencil (Dot)
5250 won=$4.84 The price has gone up to 6000 won on the site.
There are 10 shades and I bought 2 of these in #9 Lavender and #10 in Starlight Grey.


IT'S SKIN It's Top By Italy Silk Eye Color (Limited Edition)
8400 won=$7.74 This has gone down to 7800 won.
There are 4 shades available on Tester and I bought #01 Orchid and #02 Pink Opal. I plan on posting a "this or that" with these and the Innisfree shadow pencils in the near future.


ETUDE HOUSE My Beauty Tools 3 Layer Cotton Puff 60P
1050 won=97 cents  It's 1500 won now.
I needed cotton pads to use with a cleansing water and toner and these were a great buy at 60 puffs for 97 cents.


LIOELE Princess Mirror
3500 won=$3.22
I chose the soft pink mirror but there's also a hot pink one. If I'd known this was going to be such a small mirror (you can carry this in your purse) I wouldn't have purchased it. I have several compact mirrors that are sitting around unused. I was hoping I could use this to apply makeup when I needed a close up view. With that said, the mirror is definitely princess-y and perhaps not the most age appropriate thing for me but I'll find some use for it.


PERIPERA Peri's Water Balm & Milk Balm
10,500 won=$9.68
There are 2 water balm shades, 01 Cherry and 02 Mandarin, and 2 milk balm shades, 01 Pink and 02 Peach. I purchased the water balm in Cherry. These are supposedly highly pigmented and moisturizing and they remind me of Benefit's Hydrating Tinted Lip Balm at half the cost.


Samples
This time I received 2 small packets of samples, yay! I get so excited when I see them but I'm drowning in a whole box of samples. The only tine I really use them is when I travel so I need to make it a priority to reach for them from time to time.


FINAL THOUGHTS
So the cost of the order was 54,600 won + a shipping cost of 8240 won making the total 62,840 won or $57.92. So far I've had a great experience with TesterKorea (knock on wood) and it really is considerably cheaper to order from here with certain brands. But, you have to be prepared to wait patiently for your package if you are unwilling to pay an extra shipping charge. I have some products lined up in my cart already but I won't purchase anything until after the Sephora VIB friends & family event this month.
Don't forget to enter my giveaway here.

I hope you had a great Easter weekend and thanks for stopping by,
Jennifer







No comments:

Post a Comment