Tuesday, April 28, 2015

April 2015 Favorites

I can't believe it's almost May because this month just flew by for me. You know the drill, I have a few new favorites this month and one product fail.


The surprise April favorite for me was the Michael Todd Charcoal Detox Cleanser($23)
Sorry about the lighting!
I didn't purchase this individually and it came in the acne prone and oily skincare kit. In my opinion, their kits are the best value and give you a chance to try a few of their products customized to your skin type. The acne prone kit came with 5 full size products for $36 so this is a really good deal!
   A luxurious gel-textured cleanser that gently melts away makeup, dissolves impurities and completely washes away residue without drying out or stripping away at the skin’s natural moisture balance. Activated charcoal acts like a magnet and penetrates deeply into pores to gently draw out impurities, resulting in a refreshing sensation and clean, smooth, supple skin. Charcoal Detox Cleanser has powerful antioxidants and soothing tea tree oil that provide effective anti-aging and blemish healing properties, including the treatment of acne, rosacea and eczema.
 I rarely become obsessed with face wash because it's really only on your face for 30-40 seconds at most. In general I spend more money on serums and moisturizers. I'm almost convinced there's some sort of drug in the face wash because I've become so addicted to it! It has an interesting scent that's very herbal, a combination of tea tree and menthol. The fragrance is relaxing when you breathe it in and wash your face.
Usually there are some traces of residual makeup on a cotton pad when I go in with a toner but the cleanser does a fantastic job of removing makeup without drying out my skin. I could go on and on about this but I'm pretty sure it's obvious how much I'm loving this cleanser.


I've talked about this hair product before but I've been using L'oreal Oleo Therapy Deep Recovery Mask ($8.99 at Ulta) quite a bit this month.
I've never had issues with split ends or dryness but my ends have been on the dry side. Part of the issue is that I haven't had a hair cut in almost 9 months so the mask has been great for making my ends appear healthier until I go in for a trim.

  A sensorial restorative treatment infused with 6 precious flower oils. Hair Expertise Oleo Therapy Softening Oil Mask is a unique balm that melts into a nourishing oil to instantly revive lifeless locks and restore hair's natural radiance. Hair looks silky-smooth and feels incredibly soft. For dull, dry and damaged hair. Sulfate-free.
I have thin, fine hair so most deep conditioners and hair masks make my hair look greasy or weigh it down. I use a tiny scoop of this on my ends and my hair looks much healthier and smoother without any greasiness. The product is heavily fragranced but fortunately I love how it smells. It's on the floral side, must be the 6 precious flower oils, which is a scent I don't normally gravitate towards but it's like smelling a beautiful garden.


I've acquired a bit of foundations lately so I try to rotate them out each month to guarantee usage. I dug through the stash and rediscovered Cover Girl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation. ($5.09-6.99 at Target)
    Ready, Set Gorgeous foundation provides a flawless, natural look that lasts all day in one simple step Blends easily to even skin tone for a flawless look Shine free look lasts all day Oil free, won't clog pores.
You can't beat drugstore prices for foundation. The coverage is excellent without breaking me out and looking cakey on the face. There's an interesting chemical scent to this but it's very faint. The foundation also works well in the warmer months for me because it's oil free and doesn't slide off my face. You only need a tiny amount so the tube will last forever.


I've already reviewed Etude House Dear My Wish Lipsticks so if you're curious about them, read here.
The more I use these, the more impressed I am with the pigmentation you get. The shades I purchased are great for spring so they've been living in my purse.
The lipsticks are really comfortable on the lips and easy to reapply throughout the day. They'll leave a slight stain on your lips but still look great after the color has worn off.


And unfortunately, my fail...
Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream (12,000 won at RoseRoseShop around $12) I received this in a Memebox and was excited to try it. It's called a steam cream because of the way the cream is made-a high temperature steam is injected as the ingredients are being mixed in. The cream is said to be good for sensitive skin and claim to help with acne, dry skin, and oily skin in addition to whitening skin tone and reducing the signs of aging. There is bee venom, snail secretion, and niacinamide in this. Honestly I didn't see any difference in acne scars or reducing fine lines.
The one thing I really disliked about this was how sticky my skin felt initially and hours later. The cream is quite thick in consistency so a little goes a long way. I've been trying to use up the tube and it's taking forever. While I don't hate the product, I am disappointed in how it hasn't lived up to its claims.

And there you have it, another month gone by. April showers bring May flowers!

Thanks for stopping by,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment