Friday, April 10, 2015

Bare Minerals Haul

I've been holding on to a gift card from bareMinerals for quite some time. Most of the products I purchased were from the last chance section since I wasn't specifically looking for anything.


Here's my haul.

The Magic Art ($27)
Description-This palette of spellbinding shades magically contour, highlight, and blush for amazing eyes and cheeks even while on the go.
The palette includes:
READY Eyeshadow featuring Celebrate (yellow cream), Fortune (pink champagne), Shazam (shimmering pink), A-ha (brown sugar), Pumped (cocoa sparkle), Foreshadow (brown truffle).
READY Blush The Close Call (bronze taupe), The Natural High (golden petal peach), The Indecent Proposal (dusty plum).
READY Luminizer The Premiere (blush champagne sheen)
The palette's value is listed at $124 and originally sold for $39. My guess is this is a limited edition product and the brand decreased the price to $27. The palette is compact and travel friendly with a mirror inside.

First Crush Color Marvelous Moxie Lip Palette ($8)
Description-Collection of 5 creamy lipstick shades for full coverage and a well-hydrated, fuller looking lip to pout pretty all day.
The shades included are:
Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Fall in Love (tawny peach), Get Ready (warm rose pink), Speak Your Mind (blushing pink), Kiss Your Crush (shimmering pink), Shameless Flirt (spiced), and a mini lip brush.
This is valued at $26 and currently sold for $12. I guess prices can fluctuate in the last chance section since I bought it for $8. I like that you can mix and match the colors in the palette by popping out the lip trays with the end of the lip brush and create your own arrangement or take one to go in the mini-sized compact. The palette can only hold 4 shades at a time. There's plenty of product and the shades seem versatile enough to go with any look.

Enchanting Eyes Black Friday Kit ($7)
Description-'Tis the season to be dazzling and this perfect pair of eye essentials is no exception. With a primer that illuminates and brightens paired with a silky, dramatic color, this duo has everything you need to be perfectly party ready in no time.
The duo includes:
mini Prime Time Eyelid Primer, READY Eyeshadow 2.0 In The Flashback featuring Deja vu (metallic silver) and Amnesia (blackened brown gray).
This is no longer sold on the website although you can find it sold for an inflated price at Amazon. To be honest, I'm not sure why I bought this since these shades are a little too much for me. I do like how this is sold with a primer but will most likely include it in a future giveaway. Anyone interested?

Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Concealer in Bisque ($19)
Description-The creamy weightless minerals blend seamlessly into skin for a no-makeup look and feel. Apply on imperfections, redness and blemishes for weightless concealing that covers everything, but feels like nothing at all. Provides medium-to-full coverage with a natural finish and added SPF 20 so you're covered for all seasons.
There are 5 shades to choose from: Bisque, Summer Bisque, Honey Bisque, Dark Bisque, and Deep Bisque

About six or seven years ago, I used to be crazy about the Original Foundation, this concealer, and the mineral veil. My skin was in much better condition so I didn't need the full coverage you get from liquid foundations. Now that my cystic acne has died down, except for the occasional that time of the month flare up, I feel much more comfortable using mineral foundation. I'm curious to see if the concealer is able to hide my acne scars. Also, I wouldn't suggest buying the brush that comes with the foundation since it's rough and scratchy. I use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply the foundation and the Real Techniques Concealer brush for the concealer.

Mineral Veil in Original ($21)
Description-Make the most of your makeup with Mineral Veil, a see-through but spectacular finale for any kind of complexion. Minimizing lines, absorbing oils, and softening your complexion, it gives you a flawless finish that's too good to miss. And best of all, it's utterly weightless. Just a bare veil of minerals that lock makeup in place and give your skin airbrushed perfection.
I had no idea this was available in 3 other shades besides the Original. They are Illuminating (pearly glow), Tinted (touch of subtle color), and Hydrating (brighten complexion and minimize lines).

I've always liked the Mineral Veil as a setting powder because it's light, doesn't settle into pores, and keeps me from getting shiny. I know there are women out there who are allergic to the Original foundation because of the ingredient Bismuth. Have no fear, the Mineral Veil is Bismuth free! If you've never tried this, I suggest you go to Sephora and ask for a sample.

Final Thoughts
I'm happy I finally used the gift card so I can reacquaint myself with the brand. When you pay with a gift card online, keep in mind that you are charged for shipping. I was fine with this since I only had to pay $3.95 for everything I ordered.

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by,
Jennifer







No comments:

Post a Comment