Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Product Empties #2

It's that time to talk about my trash... product empties, yay! I have a bunch of skincare products I'm about to finish but I wanted to throw away my current product empties which are collecting in a Lululemon bag. I've talked about or reviewed most of these products before so I'll just link those posts down below.

Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Mouthwash 16.9 oz
I received this from Crest and would buy this in the future. It's an alcohol free formula that kills germs, reduces plaque, helps prevent gingivitis, keeps teeth cleaner longer, freshens breath, and no burn of alcohol. I'm big on dental hygiene, especially after a root canal procedure I had a decade ago. You could almost say I'm fanatical about it. Mouthwash isn't a necessity but it can have added effects on the health and appearance of your teeth. I usually floss and then rinse with mouthwash. The only thing I didn't like about this are the blue chunks left in the sink after rinsing but the actual product is great.

The Body Shop Body Butter in Glazed Apple 6.75 oz ($21)
I love these body butters, particularly in the winter! I don't use them as much in the summer since it's a little too thick. The glazed apple was a new scent for me and I loved it. This is not for you if you don't like sweet and fruity scents but most of you should know by now that I gravitate towards those scents. As much as I love these, don't buy them at full price and wait for a sale. I always purchase them for 50% off and stock up for the year.

June Jacobs Green Tea and Cucumber Toner 6.7 oz ($40)
Read about this in my winter skincare post here. The bottle was a little worse for wear by the end. This is a good gentle toner that is paraben and preservative free.

Own Renewing Lifting Eye Cream (discontinued)
 
Also talked about this in the winter skincare post here. It's really too bad this eye cream has been discontinued because I would incorporate it into my morning routine.

Recipe by Nature Spray Essence Water 140 mL ($30)
Read here. A light, refreshing spray but this doesn't work over makeup. The spray isn't a fine mist, more like droplets, so it's best to use before makeup application.

A.H.C. Miracle Multi Cream 100 mL ($78)
I wrote a review about the cream here. This ended up being too heavy and left my face greasy after an hour or two. It didn't break me out surprisingly but it wasn't working for me. I dislike wasting products so I used the remaining cream on my elbows, hands, and feet.

e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set 2.02 oz ($3)
I talked about this in a 'products I regret purchasing' post here. It's a miracle I didn't throw this away and managed to finish it. I rarely get rid of skincare products unless they're expired or break me out. Will NOT repurchase.

Samples
Murad Essential-C Eye Cream SPF 15 PA++ 0.5 oz ($69)
A patented anti-aging eye cream featuring UV protection that brightens, renews, and protects the delicate eye area.
I had a 0.14 oz sample size and it lasted forever. At first I was taken aback by the $69 price tag but a little goes a long way. This was very moisturizing for the winter and I liked the spf in it for a morning eye cream. I've heard good things about the Essential C line with a face wash, toner, and moisturizer. I would purchase this eye cream in the future.

Jack Black Industrial Strength Hand Healer 3 oz ($15)
This had been sitting around in my samples box forever so it was time to use it. It's described as an amazingly rich, non-greasy hand cream that provides intense healing benefits. It's been tested by guys who work with their hands-chefs, doctors, golfers, and carpenters.
I can see how this brand caters to men with their products. The packaging is simple in a manly way and the hand cream has a scent men wouldn't mind. There is no fragrance in the cream but it smells like eucalyptus and the texture is like shaving cream. I used half of the sample and tested out the rest on my husband. He's freakishly OCD about washing his hands so he's got cracked and bloody knuckles. This is very rich and non-greasy and definitely industrial strength. I wouldn't purchase this for myself but would buy it for my husband.

And the sheet masks...
Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask 
These masks are $1.20 on the Innisfree site which is where I bought them. I suggest waiting for a buy 1 get 1 free promotion which is what I did. Or you can find them on TesterKorea at a lower price as well. I finished a tea tree, bija, mugwort, cucumber, and 2 lime masks. My personal favorites are lime and mugwort and will repurchase these when I run out.

Etude House I Need You Mask Sheet
Again TesterKorea will sell these at a lower price but they are sold for 0.95 cents at Etude House. I finished a pearl and lemon sheet mask. The only reason why I currently prefer the Innisfree ones over these is because of the mask shape. The cutout for the eyes is really small and I end up ripping part of the mask in that area for comfort. Otherwise the actual product provides similar results as the Innisfree masks.

LEADERS Insolution Coconut Gel Mask ($3.50)
You can find this mask at Memebox which is how I discovered the brand. It's one of the more expensive sheet masks I've tried and had high hopes for it. I used the brightening recovery mask and it helps the skin regain luminosity and shine while evening out the skin tone. The material of the mask seemed high end and the actual sheet is much thicker and durable than others I've tried. It always takes me time to spread out the mask and place it over my face. How the gel mask is packaged and made makes it easy to put on the face. I thought I'd found a holy grail mask and then I had a reaction to it afterwards. I had a cystic acne spot on my left lower jaw and the essence seemed to irritate "the spot." I was itchy, my jaw area turned red, and the spot became inflamed. I'm a little hesitant to try the other coconut gel masks but I'll try again when there are no breakouts on my face.

Etude House Collagen Eye Patch
I've talked about the patches before but I plan on writing a comparison between these and the TonyMoly eye patches soon. No major complaints about these and they're relaxing and convenient to use.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jennifer




No comments:

Post a Comment