Friday, March 13, 2015

My Love For Real Techniques Brushes

Occasionally friends will ask me which makeup brushes I recommend. My answer is always the same, Real Techniques! They are extremely affordable, great quality, and work well with applying makeup. What more could you ask for from makeup brushes? I have some Sephora brushes that are 3-4 times the cost of Real Techniques and I never reach for them. I currently own 2 expert face brushes, a Blush brush, stippling brush, setting brush, 2 miracle complexion sponges, and a newly acquired your eyes/enhanced starter set from Real Techniques.




About the Brand
The brush collection was launched in 2011 by two sisters, Samantha and Nicola Chapman. Before the company was launched they were both makeup artists and then became a presence on YouTube with their Pixiwoo channel. As their channel took off, the idea behind Real Techniques began to formulate. One of the most important things behind makeup artistry is using the right tools, and for many women, they're not quite sure where to start.


The Brushes
My all time favorite brush is the Expert Face Brush which is for the application and blending of cream or liquid foundations. It's lightweight and fits well in my hand. The bristles are really soft and doesn't leave streaks after foundation application. I got tired of cleaning the brush every few days so I purchased another one as backup for those days I was too lazy to clean the brush. It's valued at $9 on the Real Techniques website but I never purchase from there. It's 25% off at Amazon for $6.74 Real Techniques Expert Face Brush


Miracle Complexion Sponge-I became curious about the sponge when everyone was raving about the Beauty Blender. I didn't want to spend the money on something I wasn't going to use often so I turned to Real Techniques. Sometimes I'll dampen the sponge and apply foundation with this. If you have dry skin or dry patches on your face, this is a good method for application. I also like to use the tip of the sponge on the corners and sides of my nose and to blend in concealer. You can purchase this at Ulta for $5.99.


Stippling Brush-This is great for creating airbrushed, high definition results with all types of makeup. You can use this for foundation but I typically use it to apply blush, especially ones that are highly pigmented. I've read reviews where some people complained about the bristles falling out but I haven't encountered this issue. You can purchase this at Ulta for $9.99 or at Amazon for $7.49 real Techniques Stippling Brush


Blush Brush-You can contour and define cheeks for flawlessly blended, high definition results with this brush. It's a large and very full brush. Personally I have to work pretty hard to have the blush show up on my cheeks with this brush so I use it for powder most of the time. On the other hand if a blush is too pigmented for you, this would be great for diffusing the color. Go to Ulta and pick this up for $8.99 or go to Amazon for $6.74 real Techniques Blush Brush



Setting Brush-This is the key to completing any look with a controlled dusting of powder or highlighter. I use this to set powder over any spots I've concealed and it doesn't cause any creasing. This would also be good for setting concealer under the eyes but I don't apply concealer in that area. Go to Ulta to purchase this for $7.99.


And my latest purchase Your Eyes/Enhanced Starter Set-This set includes a base shadow brush, deluxe crease brush, accent brush, fine liner brush, brow brush, and a panoramic case that acts as a dual carrier and stand. I have a few e.l.f. eye brushes but wanted to try out the starter set. I've only been using these brushes for a few days but they are very easy to work with as expected from Real Techniques. It's $17.99 at Ulta and they are having a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale. I purchased these at Amazon for $12.99 with a gift card real Techniques Starter Set

Overall, I highly recommend brushes from the Real Techniques brand. They are high quality, affordable, have the name of each brush written out on the brush, and most of the larger brushes can stand on their own. You can watch tutorials on the Real Techniques website to check out all the brushes and learn about their multiple uses.


Have a great weekend,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment