Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 2015 Favorites

July was not a particularly exciting month in terms of new favorites but I have some products below that I favored on a daily basis.


The Face Shop Lovely Me: Ex Pastel Cushion Blusher
I reviewed this blush collection here a few weeks ago. I've been using 04 Pink Cushion almost daily and I love how natural it looks on the cheeks. If you're looking for a pigmented blush, these are not for you. You can build up the color but the product is best suited for anyone with fair to slightly medium skin tones.

Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB SPF 20 PA++
I've written a review of the BB cream in the past which you can read here. It has been one of my favorite face products to wear since it feels lightweight on the skin. I've been favoring the BB over heavier coverage liquid foundations. An added bonus is the extra sun protection this gives over The Orchid Skin Sun Gel I apply to my face daily.

Innisfree Smart Make Up Blender Cover ($7)
 
A high coverage blender formulated to perfectly conceal skin imperfections with a dewy finish.
Ingredients: Water, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Glycerin, Iron Oxides (CI 77492),Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone,Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer,Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mineral Salts, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Orchid Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol,Sorbitan Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Tribehenin,Magnesium Sulfate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane,Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-10
When my skin is acting up, I'll combine a drop of this with the Holika Holika BB to conceal any scars or existing acne. It's quite thick in texture so a little goes a long way and gives me the coverage I need without looking cakey. It has the typical light herbal scent that most Innisfree products have. There are 3 other make up blenders in shimmer, long lasting, and moisture.

Bare Minerals Mineral Veil ($21)
A sheer finishing powder that minimizes pores for the look of beautiful bare skin. It's light as a feather so all you'll see is shine-free skin. Perfect to use throughout the day for a gorgeous airbrushed finish. Talc and fragrance free.
Ingredients: Titanium Dixoide, Zea Mays (Corn Starch), Corn Starch Modified, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Magnesium Stearate. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides
I used to be crazy about the Bare Minerals Original Foundation and Mineral Veil but for whatever reason stopped using the two products. I've rediscovered how good the Mineral Veil is at keeping the skin shine free and it does give an "airbrushed finish" to the face. I use the regular M.V. but you can choose from an Illuminating, Tinted, or Hydrating one.

I thought I'd include a few snacks which aren't beauty related items but they were favorites for this month. They're relatively healthy in comparison to eating chips or a slice of cake.
KIND Healthy Grains Bar in Dark Chocolate Chunk
$10.73 for 15 bars
Ingredients: Whole grain blend (oats, brown rice, millet, oat flour, buckwheat, amaranth, quinoa), tapioca syrup, dried cane syrup, honey, canola oil, coconut, chocolate liquor, sugar, brown rice syrup, molasses, gum acacia, sea salt, vanilla extract, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, Vitamin E (to maintain freshness)
At first I wasn't sure what to make of these bars and couldn't decide if I liked them or not. Part of the issue was that I'm not a fan of quinoa in general. Once I got over the texture of the bars, they really started to grow on me. The dark chocolate chunks add enough sweetness to feel like I'm eating a cookie. It does taste healthy which I don't mind but it might turn some people off to the bars. These are gluten free with an ingredient list I don't have to google. I find myself reaching for them quite often when I'm rifling through the snack pantry.

N.A (Nature Addicts) Fruit Sticks in Apple Raspberry
 
$50.27 for 30 pk
Ingredients: Concentrated apple puree, concentrated apple juice, raspberry puree, concentrated elderberry juice, pectin (from fruit), citrus fiber, natural raspberry flavor
I've only tried the apple raspberry fruit sticks but they're also available in apple mango passion fruit and apple orange (fruit & chocolate). If you're into dried fruit and fruit snacks, you'll like these. They're also a great snack for kids since there's no high fructose in it. My nephew gobbled these up like they were candy. The sugar content is a little high at 19 g but it's natural sugar from the fruits. If you or your child has trouble eating fruit, this might be a good solution for getting in a serving of fruit into your diet.

I've been testing out quite a few products so August should be an exciting month in terms of finding new discoveries. Until then, come back for more reviews and hauls.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment