Saturday, July 25, 2015

July Mishibox

The outside of my Mishibox arrived slightly scratched up.
The June box was the very first box Mishibox released. One thing that has impressed me about the new company is their willingness to listen to the customers' feedback. Many people, myself included, weren't too happy about the high pH level in the Benton cleanser and the wish to receive products from lesser known brands. The company immediately sent out a survey for customers concerning pH level preferences for future boxes.


Their mission is to help customers explore the world of K-beauty and discover products in a convenient, effortless, and affordable way. Currently Mishibox ships only within the U.S. and its territories but they're hoping to expand and offer shipping to other countries. You can sign up for the international wait list here. UPDATE: They now ship to Canada!

Each box contains a combination of 4-6 deluxe sized samples and full size products from a wide range of Korean brands. A monthly subscription costs $18.95 with free shipping. This price includes sales tax. If you're really committed, you can also sign up for an annual subscription for $227.40.

Info card

Kwailnara Touch Therapy Cacao Pore Clear Nose Sheet
Ingredients: Vinyl Caprolactam/VP/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Water, Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Extract), Allantoin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Methylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides (Cl 77499) Iron Oxides (Cl77491), Fragrance
When I first looked at the info card, I was confused by the name of this company. It didn't sound very Korean, but then I looked at the Korean spelling on the actual product. In the Korean alphabet (ㄱ) is pronounced like the G in gift. Anyway, when you literally translate the company's name 과일 나라 it spells out fruit and country or Land of Fruits. I'm indifferent to receiving a nose sheet which is odd since I have plenty of nose sebum and blackheads. Somehow I just never use pore strips because I feel they're not all that effective. There's only 1 sheet in each box and 1 pack consists of 10 sheets for $10. I would have liked to receive a second sheet mask over a pore strip.

Kwailnara Hand Essence
According to the info card, this was randomly chosen from three other scents-avocado, pink peach or blueberry. I received avocado as you can see from the picture above and it would have been my last pick if I had a choice. Eh, it's a hand cream, I mean hand essence. I suppose everyone needs hand cream but it's not a particularly exciting product.

It's Skin Macaron Lip Balm
 
While I think the packaging is cute, I've never felt the urge to purchase this lip balm. I'm not sure why but it's always overlooked. Another randomly chosen product from four flavors-strawberry, green apple, grape, and pineapple. I received pineapple which is fine but I would have preferred strawberry or grape. Just saying. There's also a new flavor It's Skin has released, chocolate or Love Choco. Mishibox lists the retail price as $10.50 but you can purchase this for $4.02 with the current exchange rate off of Tester Korea (and you can choose your own flavor).

Missha The Style Lip & Eye Makeup Remover
 
Randomly chosen from regular or green tea; I got regular. Sigh, I don't have much luck when it comes to randomly chosen products or mystery boxes in general. Of course, I would have preferred green tea although I have no need for an eye and lip makeup remover. I usually wear minimal eye makeup so there's no need for a separate product to remove it. My current Recipe By Nature oil cleanser does a great job of removing any eye and lip makeup I wear on a daily basis. On a side note, I do like the the blue color of the liquid. Definitely need to shake this product well before use to distribute the two tiers of color together. I'm going to give this away or else it will sit in the back of a drawer collecting dust.

Confume Argan Gold Hair Pack
Ingredients:  Water, Amodimethicone, Bihentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Laureth-5, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Citric Acid, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Vegetable Oil, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Coconut Oil, White Fungus Extract, Poria Cocos Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Polysaccharides, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, CI 77480 (Gold), Benzophenone-5, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 15985 (Yellow 6), Fragrance
Honestly I have so many hair packs from previous Memeboxes that have gone untouched. I usually finish 3-4 shampoo bottles per 1 conditioner. I have fine, thin, greasy hair and conditioner can weigh it down along with adding more grease. Sometimes the ends of my hair look greasy as well if I use too much product. This sample sized pack will be useful for upcoming trips but it's not something I need in my hair routine.

MJ Care Essence Mask
 
Hallelujah, I finally received something I prefer from a randomly selected product. Besides charcoal the other sheet masks Mishibox chose to include are snail, seaweed, royal jelly, pearl, and green caviar. Anything with charcoal is good for oily, blemish prone skin. This particular mask is made from bamboo charcoal which removes impurities, dead skin cells, excess oils, and controls sebum production.

FINAL THOUGHTS
If you couldn't already tell by my rather lackluster unboxing, I was underwhelmed by this July Mishibox. I feel bad towards the company for having this reaction when they did try to listen to our feedback by including lesser known brands and creating online surveys. It shows that they care about our thoughts and how to improve future boxes. Their customer service is amazing with a speedy response for any questions or complaints you may have. If you are concerned about ingredients, Mishibox is kind enough to provide a full ingredient list here. With that said, the value of this box was around $30.50 which is rather low. I won't always be happy with every subscription box so I'll continue forward for the next few months or so and make a decision about cancelling or staying on at that time.

PS Did anyone shop the Memebox summer sale yesterday evening? More craziness and madness! I managed to check my email in time to shop on the site. Unfortunately most of the desired products are now sold out but you may find a sheet mask or two. Another haul coming next week.

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment