Thursday, July 9, 2015

Tester Korea Haul + Other

These days I'm obsessed with cushion compacts. I'm not sure what triggered this obsession, perhaps the Iope Air Cushion XP, but I'm on the hunt for a few that work for my skin type in the winter and summer seasons. The first place I visited to search for some cushions was none other than Tester Korea. I haven't purchased anything from the site in more than a few months because I'd heard grumblings about slow shipping. Fortunately, I received my order in 8 business days which was much faster than I expected.

If you register on the site, you can get a 10-20% discount on certain brands and there is also a section under Event 50% where products are heavily discounted. I find Tester to have the cheapest prices but you have to be willing to wait for the goodies you order. Currently 1,115.30 won is equivalent to the American dollar. All prices are listed in won and shipping costs are based on weight. There are 4 types of shipping: Registered Air Mail, K-packet, EMS, and Air Parcel. I usually opt for Air Mail since it's the cheapest. But this time there was hardly any difference, about 1000 won, between Air Mail and K-packet shipping so I chose to go with the latter.


I'm not going into too much detail with this haul because I'll either be doing a comparison post or a separate review of the products I've purchased. If you have any requests, comment below with anything you'd like me to write about.
A'pieu Air Fit A'pieu Cushion SPF 50+/PA+++ (Garfield edition) 13.5 g
How cute is the part about copyright Paws?
  • Aloe, tea tree extract gives a light and clear application giving a natural makeup finish
  • Mineral water instead of water for clean and moisture skin
  • "Airy cover powder" gives silky comfortable skin coverage
  • Patent ingredient avocado peptide gives healthy elastic skin
2 shades: #21 and #23
I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a limited edition release of Garfield on the packaging. AND it's crazy affordable, cheaper than most drugstore products!

Holika Holika Water Drop CC Pact SPF 50+/PA+++ 16g
  • When rubbed with puff or hands, the water essence pops with the moisture essence. (not sure exactly what this means but I'll let you know once I try the CC Pact out)
  • Controls excess amount of sebum giving soft and silky pores.
  • Fruit extract (grape, plum, orange) protects damaged skin from the external environment giving a clear skin tone.
2 shades: #01 Pure Skin, #02 Natural Skin

Innisfree Long Wear Cushion SPF 50+/PA+++ 15g
  • Strong sweat proof effect for sweat and sebum
  • Sustaining effect of makeup for 12 hours
  • Makes sleek skin by adhering to skin lightly
Currently 4 shades available: #13 Light Beige, #21 Natural Beige, #23 True Beige, #31 Deep Beige.
Most cushions provide moisture to the skin rather than offering oil control. As I've said many times before, I've got extremely oily skin in the summer. Finally there are some Korean brands coming out with a cushion for oilier skin types. I've heard the shades run a little lighter than other brands so I'm hoping my usual #21 shade works for me.

Lalavesi Akma Cushion S.S. Original SPF 47/PA+++ 20g
  • French volcanic rock extract 20% controls sebum and treats pores for soft looking skin
  • 30%  of the cushion formula is honey extract
  • High coverage and thin, light application to give a soft and natural skin tone
  • Skin tested and proven to keep tone/cover/moisture for 24 hours
2 shades: Y2 and Y6
Nicer packaging with this Lalavesi cushion since it is priced higher than the other brands I ordered. S.S. stands for spring and summer. There is a fall and winter cushion and a spring and fall one. I've heard the formula is a little runnier than others but this could be contributed to the honey extract in it.

Then I ordered a cushion on Amazon ($15.69) with a gift card so it was free for me! I'm impressed with the number of Korean beauty products found on Amazon these days. It is more expensive than Tester but you don't have to deal with a longer wait time.
Missha M Magic Cushion SPF 50/PA+++ 15g
  • Magic cushion with perfect coverage to help achieve flawless skin and long lasting makeup without darkening.
  • Micro cover pigment delivers flawless coverage to skin and silica bead powder effectively absorbs sweat and sebum.

2 shades: #21 and #23
A'pieu is the sister brand of Missha. I used to wear Missha BB creams all the time and stopped using them for some reason. I think I got tired of it and decided to move on to something else. The Missha Time Revolution Clear Toner has renewed my interest in the brand.

The last product I ordered is not a cushion compact but a CC Cream ($20) from the Memeshop. I'm not sure exactly how much I paid for it since the order was combined with a box. Then I used some points and got 15% off the order so it was a good deal.
The Face Shop Face It Aura CC Cream SPF 30/PA++ (20g)

  • Creates radiant and a brighter skin tone
  • Coverage of a foundation with the brightening effect of a CC Cream
  • Long lasting with sebum controlling powder to avoid excessive oil production

2 shades available: #01 Radiant Beige and #02 Natural Beige

Most of the higher end brands like Hera, Sooryehan, Ohui or Sulhwasoo seem to cater towards dry to normal skin with their cushions. I may purchase the Hera one in C21 in the fall but I have plenty of cushion compacts to test out at the moment. I'll let you know my thoughts about each cushion in the upcoming weeks (or months).
Make sure to follow me on Twitter and Facebook for updates.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment