Monday, July 13, 2015

July 2015 Birchbox

Birchbox is a monthly subscription box ($10 plus tax) of personalized beauty, grooming, and lifestyle deluxe sized samples tailored to your profile. You can accumulate points with each box and redeem those points at the Birchbox shop. If you review all your products in each monthly box, you can accumulate 50 points. That's equivalent to $5 and half the value of the box.


The theme for July's box is go bold.
For a description of each product, refer to the information card below.

Coola Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face ($32)
I haven't tried any Coola products before. I've been interested in the Face SPF 30 Makeup Setting Spray because it's an easy way to reapply sun protection over makeup. All Coola products are hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic, paba, paraben, petroleum and phthalate free. They also use organic, sustainable, and locally sourced ingredients whenever possible. The brand carries a variety of choices with their sunscreens like unscented, citrus mimosa, mango, pina colada along with matte finish products. I have a feeling I'm going to like this cucumber moisturizer although I prefer a higher SPF in the summer.

Jouer Daily Repair Treatment Oil ($48)
I've been curious about Jouer products because I hear so many positive things about their Tinted Moisturizer and Matte Moisture Tint. I would like to see more of their makeup products in my future boxes. The treatment oil seems like a tiny sample but you really only need 2 drops on the face. There aren't any ingredients in the oil that raise a red flag for me, so I'll be able to try this out. Unfortunately it's going to sit in a drawer for a bit since it's a winter product for me.

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive ($39)
Juice Beauty products are formulated with certified organic ingredients regulated by the USDA. I did express an interest in receiving organic and natural products in my Birchbox profile. I'm drowning in facial peels at the moment but I'm more than happy to try this. I've heard quite a bit of chatter about this peel and appreciate receiving the one for sensitive skin.

Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray ($22-39)
Another brand I'm excited to try! Normally I'm not all that enthusiastic about hair products but this is one I'm interested in. My hair isn't quite straight but it does have some natural waves. I never know if I should check the box for straight or wavy hair because it's in between the two. Anyway, I'd like to see how the "spray delivers beachy, texturized waves" for me. This sample will be a good product to bring on vacation and style your hair in a no hassle, easy way.

Stila look at me liquid lipstick trio (set of 3 $20)
This is a creamy matte formula containing vitamin E and avocado oil. Looks like I received the shade Bella, a bright pink. I'm on the fence about whether I'll use this since I'm not crazy about the color. Might have to put it in the friends and family pile. The other 2 shades in the set are Beso (classic red) and Venezia (bright coral). Honestly the thought of a lip product with the staying power of a stain isn't all that appealing to me. I'd rather just reapply a lipstick or gloss since I usually carry them around with me. Etude House carries Color in Liquid Lips in a wide variety of shades at an affordable price. I'm more inclined to purchase something like the latter.

FINAL THOUGHTS
I've only received 3 Birchboxes so far but this month is the best one. Although I may not use the Stila lipstick I do appreciate receiving a product like this. Initially I wasn't sure if I'd continue with the subscription but I've been pleased with the types of samples and brands I'm receiving. Look out for a Birchbox haul in a few months after I've accumulated some more points.

Thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment