Saturday, July 11, 2015

Memebox Detox & Renew

Last weekend I received an email from Memebox advertising their July 4th sale, 30% off any purchase over $100! Of course, I took advantage of the sale and bought a few boxes which I had previously resisted.


I'd heard Memebox had changed out their cute pink boxes for something a little more ordinary. I do prefer the pink boxes (it is still pink on the inside) but I care more about the actual products inside. I cut up the leftover boxes and make dividers to store samples and makeup.

DETOX & RENEW BOX #HitRefresh
Sometimes we just need a good ol' detox. Skin is exposed to all kinds of environmental toxins throughout the day. These toxins cause free radical damage to the skin which then leads to aging! No one wants that. So you'll need some serious skin care that targets these toxins. We've included some goodies that will help your skin fight those toxins that harm your skin. Out with the old, and in with the new, start your cleanse now!

SNP Advanced Peeling Gel ($20)
This peeling gel gets deep within the pores to cleanse, detox, and renew. It's formulated with seaweed extract and arginine-rich minerals which remove waste and contaminants inside the pores.
Ingedients (according to the Memebox website): Seaweed Extract, Arginine, Phaseolus Radiatus Seed Extract, Ceramide. They're missing a few ingredients from the list. FYI there is ethanol in the peeling gel.
What's a peeling gel? A peeling gel is a product designed to exfoliate the skin. The gel uses ingredients that remove dead skin cells and unclog pores. Depending on the brand, the product incorporates abrasive particles or chemical ingredients to revitalize the skin and give a fresh look. You can literally see your deal skin peel off.
SNP has been a big hit in Korea and abroad gaining attention for their Animal Masks' trendy design. The company launched in 2009 as a brand specializing in skin troubles. The Acsys and pore tightening line are the most loved products by customers according to the CEO of SNP, Park Seol Woong, who previously worked for a health food company.
I still have not gotten around to using the Secret Key Lemon D-Toc Peeling Gel from the SPF Box. I've been too busy using scrubs and clay masks but this is a reminder to add a peeling gel into my skincare routine.

Banila Co. Tea Party Foam Cleanser in peppermint ($8)
Renew your skin with this invigorating foam cleanser. This moisturizing and nourishing cleanser is scented with peppermint to wake up your skin and senses.
From what I translated in the ingredient list there is stearyl alcohol (fatty alcohol so better than ethanol) and methylparaben in the cleanser. The first few ingredients are purified water, glycerin, stearic acid, and myristic acid.
As with most skincare boxes there's always a cleanser included. I like the scent of peppermint and will enjoy using this to wake me up in the mornings. I've been fixated on the color green these days so I find the packaging of the cleanser appealing.

Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask ($20)

Removes impurities and toxins with this 6-in-1 treatment clay mask. This mask has 6 functions: Contract pores, controls sebum, exfoliates, deep cleanse, brighten, and cooling. It contains volcanic mineral material which can effectively remove sebum, dirt, and other impurities.
Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Silica, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Trehalose, Volcanic Ash, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Clyceryl Stearate, Bentonite, Zinc Oxide, Polysorbate 60, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Orchid, Camellia Japonica, Cryptomeria Japonica Leaf Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Theobroma Cacao Seed Powder, Kaolin, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, PVP, Dextrin, PEG-100 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Red Oxide of Iron (CI 7741)
I actually just used two sample sized products from Innisfree's Jeju Volcanic Pore line, the cleansing foam and essence. I thought it was pretty good during the 5 days I used them in the morning and at night. It seemed to clear out my pores and control oil production. I'd need to test it out for a few more weeks before I could make a conclusive decision. The mask's claims are perfect for my skin type and addresses all my current issues. I've heard good things about the mask so it will be added to my skincare routine in the near future.

Etude House I Need You Mask ($1.50) randomly selected from pearl, royal jelly, and aloe
These Etude sheet masks are formulated with food extracts that promote healthier, brighter, and cleaner skin. They're designed to adhere to skin so you can wear them comfortably.
Ingredients: WATER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, CITRUS PARADISI (GRAPEFRUIT) FRUIT EXTRACT, ALCOHOL, PANTHENOL, CARBOMER, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, XANTHAN GUM, HYDROLYZED PEARL (20MG), POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, ALLANTOIN, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, SOPHORA ANGUSTIFOLIA ROOT EXTRACT, LONICERA JAPONICA (HONEYSUCKLE) FLOWER EXTRACT, PRUNUS PERSICA (PEACH) LEAF EXTRACT, PAEONIA ALBIFLORA ROOT EXTRACT, GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT, SCUTELLARIA BAICALENSIS ROOT EXTRACT, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL, FRAGRANCE

I received the pearl mask which contains pearl extract full of amino acids and minerals to brighten up dull skin for a bright and clear complexion. I've used Etude House masks in the past and like them. I do remember that the eye holes in the mask were quite small and fit strangely around my eyes. Not a big deal as I just ripped a bigger hole around the eyes and placed the rest of the mask on my face. There is alcohol in this sheet mask.

Secret Key Witch Hazel Pore Clear Toner ($12)

This toner controls excessive sebum and removes impurities from the skin. The witch hazel in the toner soothes and purifies stressed skin.
Ingredients (according to CosDNA): Witch Hazel Extract, Denatured Alcohol,1,2-Hexanediol, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Sciadopitys Verticillata Root Extract, Physalis Alkekengi Fruit Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata Extract, Nonoxynol-12, Disodium EDTA
The list on Memebox's website is different: Snail Slime, 3-colored Viola Extract, Tremella Fuciformis (Mushroom) Extracts, Morus Bark Extracts, Portulaca Extract, Hollyhock Extracts, Aloe Vera Extract, Japanese Pepper Fruits Extracts, Witch Hazel Extract, Usnea Extract, Sciadopitys Verticillata Extract
I went back and looked at the ingredient list on the back of the packaging because there were discrepancies between the two. The CosDNA list is the correct translation.

You know you're addicted to toners when you have four of them open at the same time. I never really used them before and now I can't live without them. My skin feels really clean and balanced after I wash my face and swipe a cotton pad with toner all over. There's denat. alcohol in this and usually I don't touch products with alcohol in it. However, my skin has been so oily lately that I'm finding products with alcohol in it help with controlling oil. I'll hold off on opening the Secret Key toner since I don't want too many of the same products open at the same time.

FINAL THOUGHTS
I really like this box and the contents were a surprise to me. It's been released for at least a week or two and I could have scrolled down the page to see what was in the box ahead of time. Memebox had released spoilers for all the products in the box when it was released. I think I was in some kind of "sale high" so I was not in my right mind while I was filling up my shopping cart. Anyhoo, this box is still in stock for $36 with a value of $61.63 so grab it now if you're interested. Don't forget to subscribe for newsletters with Memebox so you can be alerted to new boxes and product releases along with giveaways and sales events.

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. I hear the Etude ahouse a Pearl masks are amazing! Very brightening :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like how the Etude House I Need You sheet masks make your skin feel afterwards. I've tried lemon, mugwort, and tea tree. Looking forward to seeing what the pearl one does for my face.

    ReplyDelete