Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Soyoung X Memebox Lovely Lip & Cheek Duo Review

I've got a Memebox brand makeup product review for you today. I've been really impressed with most of the makeup from their collaborations, particular foundations and lip products. Let's take a closer look to see what my thoughts are about this lip and cheek duo.


Soyoung is a Korean beauty YouTuber who speaks Korean in her videos and provides English subtitles. She is known for filming tutorials creating makeup looks similar to popular K-pop artists.

The set includes #01 Lovely Peach and #02 Lovely Pink. When purchased individually, each one is $15 but the set is sold for $24.

The lip & cheek duo are "a must have in every girl's makeup pouch. Vibrant long lasting color applies creamy and dries to a light matte finish." You apply a few dots to the lips or the apples of the cheeks and then blend with your fingers.

The packaging of the product is simple yet gorgeous and fits in with the theme of the collaboration, I Wish Lovely. I really like the shiny rose gold color of the box and the product itself. I wish Memebox had written the shade name clearly on the tube because I'll have to open the product in order to see which shade I'm using. It's not a deal breaker but it is a little inconvenient if you're in a hurry.

These have a fresh and slightly fruit scent which I don't mind. I'm starting to recognize this scent in several of my Korean makeup products like the Holika Holika Aqua Petit BB Jelly and the Memebox I'm Foundation.

From left to right: Lovely Peach and Lovely Pink
There is a doefoot applicator and I expected these to be more like a lip gloss. To my surprise they have a mousse-y texture and dry down to a soft matte, sort of like the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams. While the Nyx lip creams are moisturizing, the lip & cheek duo are not moisturizing and felt dry on my lips. Even after I applied some lip balm  they still felt uncomfortable. They also apply patchy and emphasized the fine lines on my lips. Both shades are beautiful with no shimmer and are quite pigmented (especially Lovely Pink) but I prefer Lovely Peach.

20 minutes after application, not looking good at all.
It looks beautiful on the model!
I prefer to use these as a cheek product because they do not look good on my lips at all. On the cheeks, they blend out well and don't feel heavy. You can build up the color nicely and create a long lasting, natural flushed look.

I wouldn't recommend the Soyoung Lovely Lip & Cheek as a lip product but they do work nicely as a cheek product.

Thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment