Friday, May 22, 2015

Memebox Mayday Box

Mayday Box Description
Mayday Mayday! Is your skin in need of #EmergencyCare? This box includes items that will revitalize and brighten a sullen and dull complexion/hair. These products will improve your complexion and skin texture and is great for all skin types including sensitive skin.


The box contains 5 products.

Skinfood Peach Sake Toner ($18)
Is your skin looking dull and kind of meh? This toner is formulated with white peach extracts to revitalize, brighten, and renew. And the sake extracts work to minimize the appearance of pores.
I like the packaging for this toner, but I'm not sure it's the most practical. It looks a real sake bottle with the frosty glass. This is not for the clumsy or accident prone. I love the scent and taste of white peaches! It's my favorite fruit in the summer. Sadly, I won't be using this because of the ingredients. Alcohol denat is the second ingredient on the list, why?? I would definitely use the toner if there weren't alcohol, oh well. Also if there are any of you out there with red 33 allergies, don't use this. It's towards the end of the list but it can be enough to cause a reaction.

Secret Key Black Out Pore Minimizing Pack ($12.96)
Do your pores look like giant craters!? Do you have blackheads? Try this pore minimizing pack. This mask can clean clogged pores and purify the skin. It's formulated with black ingredients that tighten and clean.
Oh yes, I have pores that look like giant craters and I most certainly have blackheads. I've read it's impossible to shrink your pores permanently but there are things you can do to help them. Lord knows I've used all kinds of masks over the years to unclog my pores and they haven't done anything to minimize my pores. I like the sound of this but...ack, there's that alcohol denat again. I think I'll try this out cautiously, maybe once a week, to see how my skin reacts.

Holika Holika Vita Up! Facial Water Mist Violet ($10.88)
Do you have dry, flaky skin? This vitamin facial mist hydrates skin and delivers nutrients. It contains 12 kinds of vitamins and minerals from plant extracts and Japan's Hita Tenryosui water, which is said to be a miracle water. This mist contains extracts of the antioxidant packed blueberries and raspberries. These fruit extracts promote youthful and clear skin.
This mist sounds amazing and, in my opinion, is the best product in the box. I don't really need more hydration in the summer but I can always pop this in the fridge and spray it on my face to freshen up. I'm almost out of my Caudalie Beauty Elixir so I'll try this out in the next week or so.

Holika Holika Cover & Hiding Liquid Concealer ($14.40)
Dark circles, pimples, hyperpigmentation-all of these share one thing in common. They annoy the heck out of us. This concealer will conceal blemishes, dark circles, or any other skin imperfections that you may have. With its liquid formula you can easily apply it anywhere and blend it into your skin. The formula is smooth and silky so you won't have any issues with clumping or drying.

More concealer, yes! I'm turning into a concealer hoarder but I only have 2-3 of them open at one time. I've got a plethora of hyperpigmentation on my face to cover so concealers are my best friend. I don't have an issue with dark circles so the concealer is for acne and redness. I received 02 Natural Beige which is too dark for me but maybe I can make it work. If I had a choice I would have selected 01 Light Beige. It looks like 01 and 02 are the only shades for the liquid concealer.

Skinfood Extra Virgin Olive Essence ($9.40)
Made with olive extracts, this moisturizes and softens hair with a damaged structure. The spray hydrates the hair and provides a natural definition. Repairs your hair from the inside and the outside for immediately healthier hair, visibly more supple to the tips.
I'm indifferent towards this olive essence for the hair. I've been blessed with healthy hair but it's because I rarely put heat on my hair with curling irons or hair dryers. I also have really oily hair so I have to be careful with hair treatments and even conditioners because they can make my hair look more greasy and weigh it down. I am planning on coloring my hair this weekend so maybe this will come in handy afterwards.

Final Thoughts
If I take a step back, this is a fairly well curated box. However, for me, it was just okay and nothing too exciting. Let's recap...of the 5 products I won't be using the Skinfood toner. The Secret Key pack is to be determined because I'm not sure if the alcohol in it will irritate my skin. The Holika Holika concealer is a maybe because 02 might be too dark for me. The Skinfood essence is another TBD since it might not be compatible for my hair type. And the facial mist is my favorite product in the box sooo, that's 1 no, 3 maybes, and 1 yes for me. All in all, it's a decent box. I was able to grab this during the big sale last weekend so the box was a bargain.

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer



No comments:

Post a Comment