Sunday, May 10, 2015

Memebox Mother's Day Box

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there! Someone made a comment that you don't just buy anything for your Korean mother on this special day which rings true for me. My Korean mother prefers cash rather than nice presents however, but I wanted to see what would be in this Memebox and perhaps divvy up the products with her.


Mother's Day Box Description
Not sure what to get your mom this Mother's Day? Or not sure what to get YOURSELF for your special day? This box is an excellent option! We curated it with mothers' skin care concerns in mind, We know moms are busy and sometimes forget to care for their skin so we've included items that can renew, rejuvenate, and repair. Show some appreciation this Mother's Day and #loveyomama-or treat yourself.  :)


The box comes with 4 full sized products and 1 mini size.

Banila Co. Claypatra Mineral Salty Clay Pack ($17)
The ingredients in this mask effectively work to clean, nourish, and moisturize your skin so you can look radiant and beautiful. It is formulated with moisturizing ingredients of shea, macademia, honey, calendula, and chamomile. The special Dead Sea mud is high in nourishing minerals that effectively remove sebum and dead skin cells.

Like I've mentioned before, I have the oiliest possible skin in the warmer months and I don't need more moisture from a mask. I'd probably enjoy this during the winter but that's a long way from now. It looks like someone may have tampered with the product because there was a small amount of product on the packaging and the protective lid inside the jar was slightly open. I haven't tried anything from Banila Co. yet so it's nice to see it in a box. Everyone raves about the Clean It Zero cleanser which is a cleansing balm so I'm assuming the brand makes some really nice products. I was going to give this to my mom but not sure after the tampering.

Holika Holika Prime Youth E.G.F. Eye Patch (2pcs $5)
These patches use epidermal growth factor to restore the elasticity and vitality to the eye area. EGF can reduce the appearance of dark circles caused by low blood circulation in the eye area. It does this by increasing the oxygen supply to tissues when blood circulation is inadequate.

I love eye patches! but what is this EGF business? After some googling, I found out what the acronym stands for, epithelial cell growth factor. The benefits of it in skincare are delayed aging, inhibits wrinkles, and moistens skin. The content of EGF in our bodies determines how old the skin is. Sounds promising. I'll have to paper, rock, scissors for these eye patches with my mom, j/k. If she wants it, I'll happily give it to her.

SecretKey Sny-ake Anti Wrinkle & Whitening Eye Cream ($37.12)
This eye cream is formulated with sny-ake (snake venom) caviar, adenosine, pomegranate extract, vitamin E, and albutin. Its ingredients help fight the signs of aging caused by fine lines and dark circles in the eye area.

I was just wondering the other day why Memebox never includes eye creams in their boxes. Well, I got what I asked for. The claims on the eye cream look promising and I've been wanting to try some new ones. I'm wonder if albutin is a typo because it should probably be spelled aRbutin. I'm going to use this soon after I finish my current Iope eye cream.

Missha Time Revolution Toner (mini size 125 ml $15)
Effectively cares for your skin and removes dead skin cells! This toner contains 3 different kinds of AHA and BHA to reveal clean and clear skin. Formulated with fermented yeast to supply moisture and nutrition to the skin, and keep it at an ideal pH balance.

I was super excited to see this in the box! And might I say it includes a great ingredients list.
Water, Saccharomyces Ferment, Propanediol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root/Stem Extract, Camellia Oleifera Seed Extract, Gaultheria Procumbens (Wintergreen) Leaf Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Cellulose Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA, 1,2-Hexanediol, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Malic Acid, Glucose, Acetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate.

Everyone talks about the essence from the Revolution line so I have high expectations for this toner. For a mini size this bottle is quite large and will last for awhile.

Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Ampoule ($49)
This ampoule energizes, repairs, and restores elasticity. It also provides wrinkle repairing and whitening benefits. Contains fermented bifida, lactobacillus, and lactococcus for improved, healthier skin. Bifida ferment strengthens the skin's barrier to prevent damage from harmful environmental factors. Lactobacillus ferment contains peptide and Vitamin B12 for improved, healthier skin. Saccharomyces ferment filtrate has protective and antioxidant properties to moisturize and improve the skin barrier.
I have another ampoule in my stash but haven't broken it out yet. Apparently you use this after toner/essence and before serum/lotion. I've read this is comparable to Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Recovery Complex which retails for a whopping $62 for half the product of Missha's ampoule. (50 ml) The ingredient list is massive on this. I counted 96 but there's surprisingly nothing on the list to prevent me from using it, yay! There seems to be an awful lot of extracts included in the list but no irritants or acne inducers.

Final Thoughts
This was a fantastic box, probably the best one I've received this year. I'm most curious about the Missha products as I've heard great things about the Time Revolution line. My past 2 boxes have pretty much made up for my Box of Misfortune, whoops Fortune, so I'm done griping about it. This box was a little more expensive than others but once every one found out what the contents of the box included, it quickly sold out. This sold for $50 with a total value of $123.12 and I got it for $40.50, woo hoo.

Happy Mother's Day! As always, thanks for stopping by,
Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment