Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Memebox Box of Fortune

I'm not sure why I had to order this Memebox since I don't have much luck in general when it comes to randomly selected boxes. I think part of it was the low price attached to the box ($29) which is reminiscent of the old days before the company did away with international shipping.


Box of Fortune #luckymeme
♥ Everyone's a winner at Memebox ♥
Skincare, makeup, XO Memebox, you name it, we've got'em all! Grab our Mystery Box of Fortune for $29 and receive up to $200 worth of goodies! Each box guarantees a minimum $50 value so you know you always win. #luckymeme

Let's see how lucky I was and if I really am a winner.

Ferderma Egyptian V-Line Makeup ($2)
Secret of Egyptian women’s slender jaw 
Smooth and beautiful V-Line
Powerful lift to your sagging jaw
Main ingredients: Scutellaria Extract— excellent moisture and calming effect
Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract—prevent the skin from elasticity loss and damage
Ginkgo Biloba leaf Extract—keeps bright skin
Hedera helix Extract—calm skin 
Hydrolyzed collagen—hydrolysate come from animal and fish collagen, heat preservation, soothing, softening the skin
Not too long ago I talked about Koreans and the whole V-line obsession here. This isn't exactly on my radar of Korean products to try. Since I have it, I'll use it and see if it does anything for my extremely square jaw. As I get older, I notice my jaw line and face shape changing so maybe this might be a good temporary solution.

I'm Lip Crayon #04 Juliet ($7)
This delivers the vivid color of a lip pencil, the lustrous shine of a lipstick and staying power of a lip tint. This 3-in-1 effect creates a versatile look and pencil-style applicator allows accurate application. One single swipe will deliver highly pigmented color that really lasts. The crayon contains natural ingredients, macadamia seed oil, argan oil, jojoba seed oil, and rose hip oil to form a protective moisture layer of the lips.

Okay, Memebox I already own this shade and the whole set of lip crayons. Don't get me wrong, I love these lip crayons and wear them at least a few times a week. They're easy to apply and re-apply, moisturizing, pigmented, and great to carry around with you. But, I don't need a backup of this and to a friend or family member it goes. Here's my previous review of the lip crayons.

It's Skin Hyaluronic Acid Moisture Cream ($14)
This powerful, luxurious moisturizer draws and seals in long lasting hydration with hyaluronic acid, which holds up to one thousand times its weight in water. Hyaluronic acid is also a powerful brightening agent, so treat yourself to this cream at night and you will wake up to an even, bright complexion. The vitamin and mineral rich formula leaves skin feeling firmer and softer with a dewy appearance.

Sooo, I received this 2 Memeboxes ago. I gave away that one and I'm going to have to give this one away as well. I'm thinking the company wanted to get rid of this cream since it's shown up in a few boxes. You know you're a loyal customer when you start seeing product repeats in multiple boxes.

I'm Cream Shadow #02 Top Model ($7.50)
This gorgeous multi-faceted pearl pigment goes on like a dream and stays put all night for glamorous eyes that sparkle with all their might. Unique bouncy cream formula allows color payoff that's out of this world but minus the mess of typical powder pigments.

I'm not into single shadows and prefer to use eyeshadow palettes. I think I only own one other single shadow and that was from another Memebox which I never use. It also looks a little to shimmery for my taste. This is going into the friends and family pile.

Kyungsun Bad Girl Gel Liner #02 Dangerous Brown ($10)
Eyeliner on fleek! Get the perfect line everyday with this creamy eyeliner. Forget about touch-ups, sweat and waterproof gel formula will stay put throughout the day. Soft gel formula makes this product suitable for sensitive eyes.

The Kyungsun line is a Youtuber/Memebox collaboration which didn't seem to be heavily promoted like the other collaborations. There wasn't anything I found appealing in her products so I passed on them. The packaging looks nice, like one of those sample eye cream jars. I own one gel liner and haven't used it in almost a year. I prefer pencil liners so off this goes to the giveaway pile.

Missha Perfect BB Deep Cleansing Oil ($23)
This cleansing oil deeply melts away any heavy-duty BB Cream, leaving skin feeling refreshed and hydrated. Contains Tea Tree Oil and Patent ingredients to calm and treat problem areas.

FINALLY, something I actually like and can maybe use with caution. I love cleansing oils but there is alcohol denat halfway down the ingredient list. I'm hesitant to try this but maybe I can introduce this into my cleansing regimen to see how my skin reacts.

And then a small sample of...
IPKN Moist & Firm BB Cream 
All in one Beauty Balm combines perfection, protective, and control in one step.
This innovative Moist & Firm BB cream promotes brighter, even skin tone, as well as increases skin radiance and support firmness and elasticity. Soft finish with Broad Spectrum SPF45.

The listed price on Amazon for a full size of the BB cream varies depending on what shade range you fall in. The light shade goes for $31.25. There are 4 shades and I received the lightest shade which is 01 Fair. I'm pretty sure I should be 02 Light but maybe it would work in the winter.


Final Thoughts
 
You can probably tell by my rather unenthusiastic and lackluster writing that I wasn't happy about this box. The total value of the box is $63.50 and I paid $24.99. In order to qualify for free shipping I had to add in a Leaders Coconut Gel Mask which is included in the $24.99. If I'd known what I was going to receive, I would not have ordered this box. The only product I'm somewhat excited to try is the Missha cleansing oil and the ingredient list hasn't passed my criteria. As a VIP customer, I wish Memebox would be able to pay a little more attention when it comes to repeat products in boxes. Well, I learned my lesson...I won't be ordering any more boxes that include randomly selected products. This was more like the Box of Misfortune for me!

Sorry to end this on a negative note! Thanks for stopping by,
Jennifer



No comments:

Post a Comment