Thursday, May 28, 2015

May 2015 Favorites

I say this every month, but I can't believe it's already the end of May! I've got a few new favorites this month to keep your eye (or wallet) on.


Elf Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder in St. Lucia ($3)
First of all, you can't beat the price for $3 at Elf. You can also find the brand at Walgreens, Harmon, Target, and even Old Navy. It's quite an accessible brand now. St. Lucia is considered a dupe for NARS Orgasm/Laguna duo which comes in at a pricey $42. Out of the two shades in St. Lucia I prefer the bronzer which is really pigmented and doesn't look heavy on my fair skin. The blush is pretty as well but contains some shimmer and takes some work to build up. I'm no expert in contouring but I've been using the bronzer frequently this month to get some color on my skin.

Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens ($10 for 100 sheets)
You can find these at Sephora. They are "made from 100% natural Abaca tree fiber and infused with soothing green tea extract to absorb excess oil and reduce shine without disturbing makeup." I go through the blotting linens like they're water. My combination skin during fall and winter turns into a full blown oil field by the middle of spring. Adding more face powder looks cakey so the blotting sheets are a life saver for removing face oil. They have a faint green tea scent and do not disturb your makeup at all.

The Yeon All Day Sun Cream SPF 50 PA+++ ($17)
I got this in a Memebox and can't find the sun cream sold anywhere online. If you're from or live close to the NYC area there is a Yeon store in downtown Flushing. They have a website in English here if you want to acquaint yourself with the brand. I mentioned The Yeon's serum from the Hallabong line in a past favorites post. I have a feeling most products within the brand would suit my skin type. "With no whitening effect and lightweight texture, the sun cream gently protects the skin from UV exposure while replenishing with its blend of aloe vera leaf, broccoli, orange peel, kiwi, lemon grass, and avocado extracts." I love the scent, which I can't quite place, and it doesn't leave my face feeling greasy or sticky. It also doesn't break me out so I wear this every day.

Fresh Hesperides Grapefruit Rollerball ($22)
Love, love, love this scent! I wish the scent would last a little longer but it's a very clean, fresh smell and not overpowering at all. I can put this in my purse and reapply any time I want. "Features a medley of intoxicating citruses surrounding a crisp grapefruit accord. Sweet notes of mandarin and lemon mixed with warm musk and rhubarb create a fragrance that is classic and clean." This is sold at Sephora.

Memebox I'm Lip Crayon #06 Bella ($7)
I've reviewed all 6 I'm Lip Crayons before and the formula is spot on in my opinion. They are all very moisturizing and the pigmentation is really good for the most part. I prefer the darker colors but Bella is my favorite. It's a deep magenta red color which would look beautiful on all skin tones. "Delivers the vivid color of a lip pencil, the lustrous shine of a lipstick and staying power of a lip tint. This 3-in-1 effect creates a versatile look and pencil-style applicator allows accurate application. One single swipe will deliver highly pigmented color that really lasts. This lip crayon contains natural ingredients, macadamia seed oil, argan oil, jojoba seed oil, and rose hip oil to form a protective moisture layer of the lips."

As always, thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment