Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Memebox May Flowers

I've got another Memebox to unbox with you. Actually I have a few boxes coming in this week. There was a 30% off sale this past weekend which never happens so I couldn't pass up a good opportunity.

May Flower Box Description
April brought us showers, and now May is bringing us flowers. And we're celebrating with a flower themed box! Who doesn't love the sweet scent of budding roses, lavender, cherry blossoms, and more? This box is filled with flowery skincare goodness-can you say #flowerpower?

The box contains 5 items. Let's see what's inside.

Secret Key Argan Angel Moisture Steam Cream ($15)
A steam cream that can moisturize and soften the driest of skin. It's formulated with argan oil, which is high in nutrients like fatty acids and Vitamin E, and sunflower and safflower oil to add an extra boost of moisture to skin. An excellent moisturizer for any part of the skin that needs added moisture!
I've only tried one product from Secret Key so far, the Snow White Milky Lotion, and I like it. I've been curious about their other products so it's nice to see the brand incorporated in the boxes. They're considered an affordable, lower end cosmetic brand often featuring snail mucin and syn-ake extract ingredients. If you aren't familiar with steam creams, they are made from high quality, natural ingredients that are fused together by a shot of steam. This unique method makes the cream lightweight and provides long lasting hydration to the face. The steam cream seems too heavy for my currently oily skin type so I might use it on my elbows and knees or crack it open in the winter. I hope it's good because I was pretty disappointed with the Benton Snail Bee Steam Cream.
There are also several versions and scents of the cream since this is a season 5 argan cream released this year.

Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence Rose Edition ($26)
A treatment essence that provides anti-aging and whitening benefits. It's formulated with rose extract to give elasticity to skin as well as soften and moisturize.
I'm excited to try this since it seems really good for sensitive skin. I'm not crazy about the heavy, frosty glass bottle but who cares if the product delivers. I'm most excited to use this essence so I'll probably write up a review when I finish my current Unni Recipe Essence.

Holika Holika Floral Shea Hand Cream Set A (5 pcs $19.92)
Our hands need love too! This lovely pack of 5 different floral scented hand lotions are formulated with shea butter to moisturize and soften your hands. There's a scent for every sort of occasion/mood you find yourself in!
This set was so big it couldn't fit in the pink Memebox. I'm pleased to see travel sized hand creams included since you can never have too many of them. I have them scattered all over the place in my purses, by my desk, and in the bathroom and bedroom. The 5 scents in the set are freesia, rose, cherry blossom, cotton flower, and lavender. I'm usually not a fan of floral scents because it's too heavy and overpowering for me. If it's a light floral scent I'm fine with it. The hand creams would be a great gift for a friend or family member and I'll probably divvy these up with my mom.

Skinfood Lavender Tea Salt Mask Foam ($19.60)
A foaming cleanser infused with lavender tea and himalayan salt that helps moisturize skin while washing away dirt and oil. Leaves skin soft and supple.
It looks like Skinfood has a salt mask foam line which includes the lavender, a green tea, and a lemon cleanser. I definitely do not need any more cleansers! At this point I'm fully prepared to receive a cleanser in each box I order. The ingredient list looks good, wonder what the pH level is. I have at least 5 other cleansers I need to get through before I can open this one so I may have to give this away. I really have to sit down and go though my cleansers and label all the expiration dates.

Botanic Farm Natural Energy Mask Sheet ($2) in cherry blossom
Embark on a flowery, botanical journey with this natural 3-layer cellulose sheet mask that provides intense nutrition and moisture. Cherry blossom is rich in various vitamins, which are helpful to restore skin elasticity as well as ease and relax skin pressure.
I'm not familiar with this brand so I'm going to do a little more research about them. It's going to take some time since there's not much information in English. I can read Korean but have the proficiency of a sixth or seventh grader. Or I can wait until I see my mother and she can translate for me! Anyway sheet masks are a welcome addition to my rapidly growing mask collection, particularly brands I wouldn't normally have access to. This sheet mask does contain ethanol (5th ingredient) so stay away if you're sensitive to alcohol. My skin has been really oily lately so I'm going to use this in hopes that it might balance out my skin temporarily.

Final Thoughts
Loved this box! If I didn't have to worry about expiration dates, I would use all of these products right now. It's rare that I like all the products in a Memebox so I hope this streak continues. This box is still available for $45 with a value of $82.52. Don't forget to check the site regularly as they release at least one new themed box every day. There is a new Hollywood Box and an Ariul Masks Box that was released today.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment