Tuesday, May 12, 2015

L'oreal La Palette Nude 2 Review

Recently L'oreal released two eyeshadow palettes for their spring 2015 collection, La Palette Nude 1 and 2. I searched high and low for about a month to spot these palettes at the drugstores in NYC but they were always sold out. I could have purchased them online at Walmart ($15.84) or at Ulta ($19.99) where the site often has a buy 1, get 1 free deal but I wanted to see what the shades looked like in person.


Both palettes contain 10 shades with a usable mirror inside and a double ended brush with a sponge tip applicator. It isn't the best brush around, but it isn't horrible either.
 I didn't feel the need to purchase both palettes because Nude 1 has a lot of brown and bronze shades which I already own. Nude 2 is the more unique palette in my opinion with berry and plum shades. It's more of a purple palette than a neutrals palette.

I purchased La Palette Nude 2 at Harmon Face Values (by far the cheapest prices for drugstore makeup in NYC) for $12.03. It retails for $16.29 at the store but I had a 20% off Bed Bath & Beyond coupon and a $1 off manufacturer's coupon. I love when you can stack coupons together and I was practically skipping out the store with the palette.

There are a good mix of shimmer, satin, and matte shadows with 6 mattes and 4 shimmer/satins. There's also a good range of dark, medium, and light shades in the palette. This is a rather subdued palette with no flashy colors like black. The shadows are finely milled and buttery soft. The matte ones are a little chalky as is expected and they look a little dry because so much powder comes off but they're not patchy and decently pigmented.

There are no shadow shade names so I've numbered them from left to right. Some shades worth mentioning are:
#1- pearly shimmer which can be used as a highlight.
#2- pinky shimmer.
#3- matte dusty lilac but looks grey in the pan.
#6 & 7- browns in the palette. versatile because 6 is a matte and 7 is a shimmer.
#8, 9, 10- love these matte pink berry shades at the end with #10 being a straight out purple.

Shades 1-5



Shades 6-10

It goes without saying that I was pretty excited about L'oreal's release of this particular palette. It's interesting that drugstore brands are now releasing larger eyeshadow palettes when previously companies were only creating quads. This is a good palette but pricey for what you get. I'm happy I purchased this but I only paid $13 for this after tax. At most other drugstores this retails for $20 and that's before tax. I would have to stop and think about buying the palette at that price, especially since I don't NEED another one.

The matte shades are the strength of this palette because the satin/shimmer shades are a little tough to work with and not very pigmented. You will definitely need to apply a primer underneath all these shadows since the wear time isn't quite as strong as the Coastal Scents Revealed Palettes. The other thing you might have to think about before purchasing the Nude 2 palette is if you are looking for the palette to create your whole eye look. There isn't a darker liner shade or a matte highlight shade which some people really look for. All in all, I like the L'oreal palette and am looking forward to seeing higher quality shadows for future releases of drugstore palettes.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment