Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 2015 Favorites

It's officially summer and the end of June which means I have a few favorites for this month.
I tried some new products this month that weren't featured in reviews so here's my chance to showcase what I've been loving.


Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator ($34)
This powerful exfoliator mimics the results of professional microdermabrasion, minus the potential for redness and sensitivity. Papaya enzymes break down dead cells while evening out your skin tone. Dermatologist-approved microderm crystals fade the appearance of fine lines and acne scars, leaving skin smooth and free of imperfections. Aloe vera, coconut, and vitamins B and E nourish fresh skin to keep it free of irritation.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Aluminum Oxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Propanediol, Panthenol, Emulsifying Wax NF, Glyceryl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Papain, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol
I received this in my May Birchbox and have been using it about twice a week. I've never had a microdermabrasion so I can't compare the results to a professional one. But I do think this is a really good exfoliator! At first I was worried this might be a little harsh on my skin but the crystals are really small and fine, yet effective. I've read reviews where this caused some sensitivity and breakouts but this hasn't been the case for me. I do experience some redness immediately afterwards but my skin is extremely soft and the bumps on my face are smoother the next day. If you can get your hands on a sample, I would definitely give it a go to see if it agrees with your skin type.

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in 05 Fresh Pink ($5.99)
Revolutionary gel formula provides a new bouncy texture. Lightweight like a powder, yet melts seamlessly into skin like a cream. Natural sheer wash of color that is buildable for greater color intensity. Dermatologist tested, allergy tested, non comedogenic.
Ingredients:  Talc, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Diisostearyl Malate, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake
If you want to read a more in depth review of these blushes, click here. I've been wearing shade 05 (soft pink) on a regular basis since it gives a natural flushed look to the cheeks. This isn't the most pigmented of the blushes in the bouncy line but I like that you can't go overboard with the color. It's easy to wear and perfect for the summer.

Iope Air Cushion XP SPF50+/PA+++ ($40 Memebox, $35.48 + free shipping Amazon)
This innovative air cushion is a foundation-soaked sponge that provides SPF 50 PA++ for sun protection and provides medium coverage to mask your blemishes, while still keeping your skin moisturized. Enriched with Vitamin B5, Vitamin E derivatives, Vitamin P and mineral water, your skin will thank you for this nourishing formula. Its simple application process makes it also makes it easy for first time users.
Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Oxide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxy-Ethyl Dimethicone, Arbutin, Butylene Glycol, Mineral Water, Lipase, Chitosan, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Sodium Chloride, Aluminum Hydroxide, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Isotearic Acid, Isopropyl Palmitate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methaacrylate Copolymer, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disodium EDTA, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides, Fragrance
I have the air cushion in N21. There are 3 finishes: Natural Finish (N), Full Coverage (C), and a Shimmer Finish (S). There's not much of a selection in terms of shades, 21 Fair and 23 Light. The Shimmer Finish has a shade of its own, 22.
I bought an Iope box from Memebox last year and the cushion was in it. Iope is one of the many brands under the umbrella of AmorePacific Corporation. A few years ago I bought the Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact ($60) and couldn't stand the scent. It was overpowering and too much for me so I passed it off to my mom. That sort of turned me off to cushion compacts when it wasn't a strong reason to dismiss all cushion compacts. Now I'm obsessed with them and, FYI, I have a haul post coming soon with 5 or 6 cushions to write about. There is a scent to the Iope cushion but it's nowhere near as powerful as the Amore Pacific one. It's got that Korean fresh, floral cosmetics scent. I can smell it on my face throughout the day but I like the results of the product so much it doesn't bother me too much. I'd have chosen a Full Coverage cushion if I'd had a choice. You get light-medium coverage with the Natural Finish and can build up to medium coverage without looking cakey. Since I have oily skin I do powder my entire face but you get dewy and luminous skin with the cushion. It's also easy to carry the cushion around for touch ups throughout the day. If anyone wants me to do a full review on this, comment below!

Missha Time Revolution Clear Toner ($16.80 Missha)
A gentle and refreshing wipe off type Clear Toner hydrates, soothes, and helps eliminate pores, impurities, and dead skin cells. Prepares the skin and enhances the absorption of effective ingredients from the next step of skin care. Fermented Yeast Extract nourishes for clear, healthy skin. Suitable for all skin types.
Ingredients: Water, Saccharomyces Ferment, Propanediol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root/Stem Extract, Camellia Oleifera Seed Extract, Gaultheria Procumbens (Wintergreen) Leaf Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, SOdium Citrate, Cellulose Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA, 1,2-Hexanediol, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Malic Acid, Glucose, Acetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate
I love this toner! I have the sample size which is a generous size (125 ml). I received it in the Mother's Day Memebox. It removes extra debris from my face, even after my 2 step cleansing process. The toner is packaged in a plastic bottle which is a good thing because I've already dropped it twice. There's AHA and BHA in the toner which helps slough off dead skin to reveal clear skin. My skin feels extra clean after using this and I'm pretty sure it would be compatible with all skin types.

L'oreal EverStrong Thickening Shampoo ($6.99 Ulta)
For hair that needs extra strength and volume, discover hair care that's gentle, yet so strong. The EverStrong Sulfate-Free Fortify System contains L'Oreal's patented Amino Acid Complex, which helps weak, thinning hair to look thicker while caring for the scalp. This gently cleanses and fortifies the scalp and adds body to fine, limp hair, leaving it strong and silky. Rich lather and natural aromatic properties from rosemary and juniper help energize and invigorate the senses, boosting circulation for healthier scalp and hair.
Ingredients: Aqua / Water / Eau, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth-26, Decyl Glucoside, Parfum / Fragrance, Hydrogenated Coconut Acid, Sodium Chloride, Amodimethicone, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium Isethionate, Polyquaternium-7, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Arginine, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, Benzoic Acid, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Trideceth-6, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Sodium Benzoate, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Juniperus Communis Oil / Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil / Rosemary Leaf Oil, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid
I wasn't particularly looking for a sulfate free shampoo but was curious about this. I've got thin and fine hair. Usually sulfate free shampoos don't lather well and my hair ends up looking greasier than usual. By some miracle, L'oreal has managed to find a way to make the shampoo lather and plump up the strands of my hair. It really does create thickness to my hair while being gentle with it. I really like the scent of the shampoo and the aromatic properties in it create a relaxing and spa like experience. I never repurchase shampoo but this is one I will continue using.

Enjoy the last day of June and thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Great post Jennifer! The Missha Time Revolution Clear Toner is one of the best toners ive used, just to let the ladies know that are reading this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been experimenting with other other toners but I'm definitely going back to the Missha Clear Toner. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete