Thursday, June 11, 2015

Drugstore Haul

That's right, it's a drugstore haul!!! I didn't purchase these products all at once but over the course of a few weeks from Harmon Face Values and Amazon. I love Harmon because their prices tend to be cheaper than other drugstores in NYC. They are a subsidiary of Bed Bath & Beyond and advertise themselves as a discount health and beauty store. Typically, the drugstore beauty products sold at Amazon are a bit more expensive but I used a gift card to make the purchase.


Anyway, let's move on to the haul.

What I purchased from Harmon...

Essence Lipliner ($1.49)
Glides on smoothly and ensures perfect lip-contours and endless hours of lipstick fun. Smudge proof and long lasting. At one point I think there were more shades but it looks like there are only 9 shades available currently.
05 Soft Berry-purchased
06 Satin Mauve
07 Cute Pink
08 Red Blush-purchased
11 In The Nude
12 Wish Me A Rose-purchased
13 Transparent
14 Femme Fatale
15 Honey Berry
After swatching the 3 shades I purchased, I'm quite happy with the pigmentation and quality of the lip liners. I'm on the hunt now for a few more shades since these are so affordable.

From left to right: Rimmel Eastend Snob, Essence Soft Berry, Red Blush, Wish Me A Rose

Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner ($4.79, received $1 off in store)

A soft textured, automatic lip liner that delivers rich color and precise definition.
There are 13 shades available.
I decided to purchase 063 Eastend Snob, a neutral pink, after reading a few positive reviews. Apparently it's a dupe for Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk ($22).

e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color ($3)
Jumbo sized lip pencil creates exact color application with twist up east so you never have to sharpen. Moisturizes and hydrates lips, pigment rich color glides on effortlessly and easily to provide long lasting matte color.
There are 11 shades available:
Berry Sorbet
Dash of Pink
Coral
Natural
Tea Rose (mauve with purple undertones)-purchased
Praline
Nearly Nude
Rich Red
Fuchsia
Wine-popular shade, never in stock at e.l.f.
Cranberry
I've seen bloggers give these a good review so I thought I'd pick one up. The last lip product I purchased from e.l.f. were the Studio Moisturizing Lipsticks and I absolutely despised them. I'll use Tea Rose for a few more days to make a decision but the formula isn't bad. The lip colors contains mineral oil, parabens, and Red 40 so beware if you're sensitive or allergic to any of these ingredients.

e.l.f. Studio Complexion Brush ($3)
Expertly sweeps all types of powders across the entire face and sculpts features beautifully creating an even and natural finish. Use with pressed, loose, or translucent powders, blush, or bronzer.
I already own this brush and LOVE it! I wanted to have an extra one as a backup because it works with so many different face products. If you're on a budget or refuse to spend big bucks on a makeup brush, I wholeheartedly recommend this brush.

NYX Butter Gloss ($4.99, used a 20% off BB&B coupon)
Buttery soft and silky smooth, our butter lip gloss tastes as sweet as a sugar cookie. Swipe it on alone or over your favorite lipstick for creamy sheer to medium coverage that melts onto your lips and is never sticky.
There are 22 shades available and I purchased Maple Blondie, Peaches and Cream, and Tiramisu.
You can purchase these at Ulta where the site often has a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale.
I currently own Sugar Cookie, Eclair, Creme Brulee, and Apple Strudel. I plan on writing up a review with swatches on these butter glosses in the next week, so check back in for my thoughts.

What I bought with my Amazon gift card...
is a lot of blush from Maybelline! Not sure why, but they were calling my name.

Maybelline Face Studio Master Glaze Blush Stick ($5.99)
Makes cheeks dewy and gently glazed with a sheer blush color. Liquid shimmer pearls + shea butter provide blendable color and smooth, even application. In 6 shades.
Warm Nude
Pinch Pink (light, baby pink)-purchased
Pink Fever
Make Mauve
Coral Shine (coral peach)-purchased
Plums Up
I remember reading about the blush sticks in a magazine and thought why not give them a try. They were free with the gift card so it wouldn't be too much of a loss if they didn't work out. I won't be swatching these or the next product below since I'm going to review them in the future.

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush ($6.99)
Revolutionary powder-gel formula is lightweight like a powder, yet it melts seamlessly into skin like a cream for a sheer wash of bouncy fresh color that lasts. In 10 shades.
Rose Petal (nude pink)-purchased
Pink Plum (bright baby pink)-purchased
Plum Wine (deep plum)-purchased
Peach Satin
Pink Frosting
Fresh Pink (soft pink)-purchased
Coffee Cake
Candy Coral (peachy orange)-purchased
Orchid Hush
Hot Tamale
These bouncy blushes seem to have mixed reviews. I actually had to stop myself from purchasing more colors like Orchid Hush and Hot Tamale because I wasn't sure how I'd feel about them. Probably should have stopped myself at 2 shades but the word bouncy got to me. They're also made in Korea which was another reason why I was attracted to them. Review and swatches on these coming soon.

And that's it for my drugstore haul with mostly lip and cheek products.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment