Sunday, June 7, 2015

Memebox SPF Box

Summer is only a few weeks away and I want to be stocked with an arsenal of sun protection and prevention products. Memebox released this box at the end of May in honor of National Skin Cancer Awareness Month.


SPF Box Description #SkinCancerAwarenessMonth
We've curated a box dedicated to treating and preventing sun damage. You'll find products to reverse the signs of sun damage and to protect the skin from future damage.

SecretKey Lemon D-Toc Peeling Gel ($13)
A gentle and non-irritating peeling gel that can remove dead skin cells and brighten the complexion. Contains lemon water and lemon extracts which contain a high level of vitamin C, an essential role in preventing and reversing the signs of aging caused by sun exposure.
Ingredients: Purified Water, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cellulose, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 80, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Water (90ppm), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract (10ppm), Althaea Rosea (hollyhock) Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract,  Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Algae Extract, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Zanthoxylum Piperitum (Sichuan pepper) Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Fragrance
Peeling gels are not physical exfoliators and use fruit enzymes to dissolve dead skin cells, sloughing them right off. However, unlike scrubs or washes, you can literally see your dead skin peeling off. These kind of products are oddly satisfying to me. I've heard really good things about SecretKey's peeling gel so it's nice to see this included in the box.

SecretKey Multi Cell Night Repair Ampoule ($25)
This magical ampoule contains tomato, green tea, and grape stem cells which can regenerate and increase collagen synthesis and promote cell regeneration. Also high in antioxidants that help protect skin cells against harmful UV rays.
The packaging of this ampoule is identical to Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair. Usually I'm too lazy to read the ingredient list in Korean because you can find the translation on cosdna. In this case, I was out of luck so I was forced to read through the list. I found ethanol as the sixth ingredient on the list. Sigh, might be something I have to pass off to someone.

Leaders Moist Sun Gel Set ($32.50)
This handy set provides triple protection from UV rays. The sun gel contains SPF 30 PA++ and is a lightweight gel formula with long lasting moisture making application easy. The sample sized CC cream (10ml) provides additional sun protection and has anti-wrinkle and whitening properties.


This was the spoiler of the box so I knew it would be included. I really like Leaders' sheet masks so I'm curious about this sun gel set. The gel and CC cream are something you can throw in your purse, allowing for easy reapplication if you're out in the sun all day. Alcohol is the eleventh ingredient in a long list. It's been difficult for me to find a sunblock without alcohol. I really want to try this but the alcohol in it might break me out.

Banila Co. Golden Aloe Soothing Gel Foam Cleanser ($10)
A cleanser that removes impurities, makeup, and sebum. Contains moisturizing and healing properties. Formulated with a golden complex of manuka honey, chamomile, and kiwi which can rejuvenate and refresh depleted skin.
As I've mentioned before, you should expect a cleanser in each skincare box. It makes sense to include one but I have more than enough to last me for a few years. There's sodium laureth sulfate in this, so beware for those of you that try to avoid this particular ingredient. Meh, this goes in the friends and family pile. I'm so in love with my Michael Todd cleanser right now that I can't imagine using anything else.

The Orchid Skin Orchid Flower Aqua UV Sun Gel SPF 50 PA+++ ($15)
This non sticky sunblock goes on soft and is absorbed by skin quickly. Formulated with a flower and plant complex to promote healthy and glowing skin.
The UV protection ingredients in the sun gel are zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. I don't see any form of alcohol in this, yay! I've never heard of this brand before but I'm always happy to try new Korean brands. I checked out their website and am interested in other products from The Orchid Skin.

Final Thoughts
The SPF box is still in stock for $45 with a value of $94.75. I paid $26.25 so I'm very happy with the contents of the box. If I weren't sensitive to certain ingredients in the products, I'd be able to use everything but I'll have to give away the face wash and ampoule. I'm having better luck with these mystery boxes so I hope my lucky streak continues.
Make sure to follow me on Twitter and Facebook for updates.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer




No comments:

Post a Comment