Saturday, June 27, 2015

New Tony Moly New York Flagship Store

Yesterday Tony Moly opened its New York Flagship store in the heart of Korea town at 35 W. 32nd St. (between 5th and 6th Ave) next to Koryo Books. There is/was a store on the same block but closer to the 5th Ave. side. I'm not sure if they will keep or close that particular store down.


I stopped by the store yesterday evening to check it out and was a little disappointed. I knew the space was small but I was hoping Tony Moly would buy the upstairs section of Koryo bookstore or magically come up with extra space. I don't know about you, but when I hear "flagship store" I think ginormous. There was limited space for two people to browse and get through the aisles of the store. It's really no different from the old? Tony Moly store that was closer to 5th Ave.
I wasn't really on the hunt for anything but might have been swayed to purchase the Panda's Dream Brightening Eye Base and some products from the new 2015 summer collection if it had actually been in the store. I've been eyeing the Cooling Me Proof Facetone Skin Tint and Cooling Me Proof Liptone Get It Tint Water Bar.

I suppose there just isn't enough room in the store to have an extensive amount of products and I imagine the rent is extraordinarily high within the 32nd St. block. Wait, what am I talking about, that's the case for most of the NYC area. Personally I can't make decisive shopping purchases when the environment is frenetic and people are bumping into me left and right. I think some people thrive off of that energy but it's the opposite for me. I'm sure once the fervor of the store opening settles down there will be less of a crowd in the store.

I managed to take some pictures through the crowd but not as many as I would have liked to.
 
 
 
 
I won't be in the flagship store again unless there's something I REALLY want to see and try in person. I'd much rather shop online in comfortable clothes where I can get a bargain and wait for the items to be shipped to my apartment.



No comments:

Post a Comment