Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Memebox Haul #3

Lately I seem to be writing mostly about hauls so I'm behind on reviews. Going out of town again this weekend but I'll have more reviews up next week or the week after that.
If you've been following my blog recently you'll know that I've been struggling with my skin, particularly in the lower parts of my face and jawline. As soon as one side clears up I have another massive breakout and the cycle continues. It's been a source of frustration and embarrassment particularly since I had clear skin through my twenties and the early part of my thirties. I've been enjoying sheet masks as a way of soothing and calming any acne flareups so I decided to make an order with Memebox.

SNP ANIMAL DRAGON SOOTHING MASK ($2.35 x 2)
This unique face mask effectively soothes irritated skin caused by allergies or acne breakouts. Not only does this mask add fun to the typical skincare routine, but it also calms redness and hyperpigmentation with its gentle anti-inflammatory herbal ingredients such as tea tree oil, green tea extract and rosemary extract. Helps strengthen the skin while also detoxifying it to be able to prevent further damage caused by the environment's harmful elements.
How to Use: After washing and toning, gently place the mask onto the face and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. Carefully remove the mask and dispose properly. Pat gently for better absorption.
Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera Water, Alcohol, Betaine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Beta-Glucan, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract, Castanea Crenata Shell Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Polysorbate 80, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanol amine, Disodium EDTA, Perfume

I'm rather late in trying the SNP Animal Masks. You can transform into a tiger (wrinkling), panda (whitening), an otter (hydrating aqua mask), or a dragon which happens to be my zodiac sign. I had a chance to use the mask so I'll give you my initial thoughts.
Packaging is cute and innovative and it's fun to look at. I wasn't quite as pleased with the fit of the mask. It fit my upper face well but I had to work to lay the sheet on my lower half. The mouth area was too small length and width wise and it didn't cover the lower sides of my face. I also felt like the mask was drooping down quite a bit and I had to keep moving the mask around. Part of the issue is the abundance of essence on the sheet mask. There's enough essence left over in the packaging for a good 2 days after use.
 
The scent is typical of most sheet masks, a fresh and floral scent. I left the mask on for 20 minutes and it was still damp from all the essence, particularly in the forehead area. There's isn't a noticeable difference on my face although some of the gunk in my cystic acne did surface out into the open the next morning. Not sure if it's coincidence or the results of the mask. I need to use more to find out for certain.

LEADERS INSOLUTION TEATREE RELAXING RENEWAL MASK ($2 x 2)
This soothing tea tree sheet mask is infused with organic leaf extracts (birch, hazelnut and olive) that helps control oily, irritated skin and reduces the appearance of unbalanced skin. Its natural extracts repairs damage on the skin and helps exfoliate, purify and soften the complexion giving the skin a radiant glow.
How to Use: Cleanse and dry your face then remove mask from its packaging and attach it to the face. Leave the mask on for 20-40 minutes for best results. Remove the mask and massage the excess serum all over the face and neck area until fully absorbed.
Ingredients: Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acer saccharum (Sugar Maple) extract, Betaine, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Hydroxyethyl acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Artemisia Absinthium Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Bud Extract, Betula Alba Bud Extract, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Bud Extract, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Pinus Densiflora Leaf Extract, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ecklonia Cava Extract, Saururus Chinensis Extract, Artemisia Capillaris Flower Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Ledum Palustre Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil

Leaders is probably my favorite brand for sheet masks. I've used their Teatree mask before and wanted to use some more. I like how their masks fit my face. In general sheet masks never cover the lower sides of my face and jaw area. I have acne in that area so it's important to get some coverage there. One of the benefits I've experienced in using this particular mask is less redness the next morning.

SKIN FACTORY SOLUTION A PLUS AMPOULE MASK ($2.11 x 3)
Solution A Plus Ampoule Mask is for people who suffer from hypersensitive skin. The mask sheet essence contains natural herbal oils and extracts that effectively fight pimple-causing bacteria while making the healing phase of the skin faster. It soothes aggravated skin by supplying proper moisture to the skin and helps prevent future damage to promote clearer, smoother skin.
How to Use: After washing and toning, carefully remove the sheet from the packaging and place the mask onto the face. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the mask after the allotted time and massage the remaining essence on your face and neck.
Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol, Centella Asiatica Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Betaine, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Allantoin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Dipotassium Glycrrhizate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Triclosan, Salicylic Acid, Phenoxyethanol

I'll update you on my thoughts for this mask in an empties post. I expect to write one up towards the end of this month so look out for it if you're interested.

XO MEMEBOX I'M EYE SHADOW ($6 x 4)
These eyeshadows go on buttery smooth, saturating the eyes with rich pigmentation that lasts all day.
Matte, Shimmer, or Glitter; 35 gorgeous colors to fit every mood
Super pigmented; Pro Fix formula locks the color in place
Long-lasting; Sebum Control Powder acts as a primer that prevents oil build up and creasing
Silky smooth and blendable; Oil Binder System allows even application and minimizes fall outs
How to Use: Apply with an eyeshadow brush or use fingers.
Ingredients: Talc, Mica (CI 77019), Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Dimethicone, Diisostearyl Malate, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol, Polybutene, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77492)

These newly released eyeshadows are currently $6 but priced at $12. They may jump back up to the normal price at some point so grab them now if you're interested. There are 35 shades to choose from: 17 matte, 8 shimmer, and 10 glitter. There is also a customizable eye shadow case that will hold 4 shadows for $10. I thought about purchasing one of the shadow sets with the case thrown in for $24 since it is more of a bargain than purchasing the shadows separately. In the end I preferred selecting my own shades with a matte finish.
The 4 shades I have are:
PB301Vintage Rose
PB303 Virgin Pink
PB305 Rosy Burgundy
PB313 Yogurt Peach
I plan on writing a detailed review on these so I won't say anything more about them until I've fully tested the shadows out.

SAMPLES
Memebox was kind enough to include 2 samples of Dear by Enprani Bounce Cheese Cream. You have to try a product that says "real mozarella cheese texture" on the packaging at least once.

As always, thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer






No comments:

Post a Comment