Friday, September 11, 2015

September Mishibox

Mishibox's mission is to help customers explore the world of K-beauty and discover products in a convenient, effortless, and affordable way. Currently Mishibox ships only within the U.S. and Canada but they're hoping to expand and offer shipping to other countries. You can sign up for the international wait list here.


Each box contains a combination of 4-6 deluxe sized samples and full size products from a wide range of Korean brands. A monthly subscription costs $19.95 with free shipping. This price includes sales tax. If you're really committed, you can also sign up for an annual subscription for $239.40. A monthly  subscription to Canada will set you back $28.90.
The brands included in September's box are Magis Lene, Skylake, Holika Holika, and Cleomee. You can find a complete ingredients list for each product here.

Magis Lene Cell Precieux Toner and Emulsion
I don't know anything about Magis Lene and never heard of the brand before. There doesn't seem to be much information about them in English. All I could find on the internet is their products are sold with IPKN products so I'm assuming IPKN owns Magis Lene. The packaging looks rather luxe and the pricing reflects it, $170 for the cream yikes! There are small sample packets of the cream and serum from the same line, one each.

Skylake Silk Cocoon Hair Conditioner
I don't really get excited about shampoo or conditioner in subscription boxes although I do like receiving heat protectants or volumizing products. In fact I gave the Skylake shampoo from June's box to my mom. I've heard good things about the brand but am not really interested in trying shampoo when I have more than enough to finish. This conditioner is geared towards weak, damaged, or dry hair, none of which I suffer from. Not really a fan of the scent which I can smell without opening the tube. I'll be passing this along to my mom.

Cleomee Donkey Real Milk Oil Mask
I love me some sheet masks! Looks like Mishibox will include one sheet mask in each box. I'll save this one for winter when my skin is on the drier side.

Cleomee Snowy Pore Balm
This pore balm looks promising. Why didn't Mishibox put this in an earlier box? It would have been very useful earlier in the summer since most of you know by now that I suffer from oily skin, large pores, and redness from cystic acne. The inclusion of the spatula is something I appreciate for hygienic reasons. It has the typical fragrance of a Korean product, a light, fresh and fruity floral scent.

Holika Holika Basic Nails (2015 SS Collection)
 
Randomly selected from Sun Shine, Joyful Mint, Real Mandarin, and Pink Blossom.
I received Joyful Mint. While I think the color is pretty, it will probably sit around somewhere in my apartment and collect dust. Years of piano playing has caused me to refrain from wearing nail polish and I don't like how it feels on the nails. Every once in awhile I'll paint my toes but it's a rare thing.

There was a free Mishibox sticker in the box. I think multiple subscribers were asking for them and I have no idea why. I'm sure one of my younger piano students will appreciate the sticker. It's amazing what kids will do for stickers sometimes.

FINAL THOUGHTS
Someone was kind enough to post up spoilers of the box in a forum I frequent. Once I saw the contents of the box, I decided to cancel my subscription. The value of the box has not improved and half of the products are not relevant to me. It would be great if they could cater towards your skin type or interests but I understand how time consuming this would be for a relatively new subscription service. The one thing I did like about this month is less randomly chosen products but it's not enough to keep me on board. They do have great customer service which is not the case for some rather successful companies and a willingness to improve BUT I don't want to spend money on products I'm not interested in. I've discovered a wide variety of samples sold at Tester Korea and I can make my own box choosing the brands and products I want. So, good luck to Mishibox and I'm sorry to be unable to support your business in the future!

Thanks for stopping by,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment