Sunday, September 20, 2015

Memebox Staff Picks Skincare Box

This Staff Picks Skincare Box is a continuation of my order from the Memebox Memecat promotion over Labor Day weekend. As soon as I saw it on the site I knew I had to purchase it. I would have bought the box even if there hadn't been a promotion going on.

BOX DESCRIPTION
Carefully curated, this box contains items loved by the Memebox staff. We've included holy grail items that are sure to please the skin. Plus a freebie item - a super cute spa headband to make your skincare routine easier! #MemePicks

Calmia Herb Cleansing Oil Gel ($18)
This unique product is formulated with organic argan oil and blend of organic herbs: lavender, rosemary, chamomile, basil leaf, and green tea extracts. The cleansing gel keeps skin clear, soft, and comfortable.

Directions: Pump out a small amount, massage it onto your face and rinse off with warm water.

Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Polysorbate 20, Argan Tree Kernel Oil, Lavender Extract, Rosemary Extract, Chamomile Flower
Extract, Basil Leaf Extract, Chameleon Plant Extract, Marshmallow Extract, Green Tea Extract, Cornflower Extract, Macadamia Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bacillus/fermented soybean extract, Centella Asiatica, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Algin, Fragrance
*I'm pretty blind without contacts but translating these ingredients is making it worse. Why can't companies right the list in bigger letters?*

This herb cleansing gel is 8 free (no paraben, artificial pigment, animal oil, silicon, benzophenon, TEA, talc, or alcohol and good for sensitive skin). I've used this before because it was in the Herbal Cosmetics Memebox I purchased in the past. It is a clear gel with a thicker consistency that won't droop or run down on your face and it turns into a milky foam. It does a great job of melting away makeup but I still double cleanse with another cleanser afterwards. The only thing that bothered me about the cleansing gel is the scent. You know that smell you get after you blow out candles? That's what the gel smelled like to me which threw me off a little bit in the beginning. It's not a terrible scent but it's not a smell I'm used to in skincare products. Overall, it's a solid cleanser with nice ingredients.

Iope Essential Moisture Relief Cream ($23)
Good for all skin types this cream protects and soothes your skin and helps retain the skin's moisture barrier so your skin an remain hydrated long after use.

Directions: After using serum and used at the last stage of skin care, dispense appropriate amount to apply over your face.

Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclomethicone, Betaine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Ophiopogon japonicus root extract, Bupleurum Chinensis Root Extract, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, PCA Dimethicone, Glyceryl polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Hydrogenated lecithin, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, PEG/PPG-20/15 Dimethicone, Trehalose, Polysorbate 20, Phenyl methicone, Polyglyceryl-3 methylglucose distearate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, CI 42090

The Moisture Relief Cream was in the very first Memebox I ever ordered, the Iope Box. I liked this cream for several reasons and it was one of the products that attracted me to this box. It's great for people with combination to oily skin since it has a gel consistency. It has a floral scent which I liked but it might bother anyone who's sensitive to fragrance. Keep in mind this does not target issues like wrinkles, fine lines, or aging and focuses solely on hydrating and soothing. The cream helped calm down any redness from cystic acne while hydrating my skin last winter.

Skin79 10 Seconds Mask, All-In-One Skincare ($11)
These convenient mask sheets help your skin remain smooth and preps your skin for makeup application. It's an all in one skincare solution that covers skin toning, emulsion, and essence. If you're in a rush in the morning it's an excellent product to add to your morning routine.
Directions: Pull one mask sheet out from pouch and unfold it. Apply it on your face and gently press for 10 seconds. Remove and gently pat/massage remaining essence.
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, PEG-8, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Beta-glucan, Honey Extracts, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance
I'm not sure why these are called a mask since it's more like a makeup wipe/towlette. You can see in the picture above there are no cut outs for the eyes, nose, and mouth. Each pack contains 20 wipes or masks. The cloth is textured and infused with essence. It's different from a mask sheet because they aren't soaking wet. I leave the wipe on for more than 10 seconds, more like 30 seconds. I've used these after a workout and as a mid day refresher. I might even bring these along when I travel. The 10 Seconds Mask seems to smooth out my skin and relieve redness. I have yet to use them before applying makeup since I always wash my face in the morning and follow up with the rest of my AM skincare routine. This won't replace a sheet mask but it's a quick way to refresh and give your skin some light hydration.

Verite Dual Treatment Eye Cream ($13)
Formulated with fermented ingredients and adenosine this eye cream reduces circles, puffiness, fine lines, and increases elasticity.

Directions: After cleansing and toning the skin, gently dab a pea-sized amount of product below and around the eye area.

Verite is a brand under the umbrella of Amore Pacific Corporation and is considered to be a mid-end brand. Primera and Verite are considered the natural brands for Amore. I don't see eye creams all that often in Memeboxes unless it's a box targeted specifically for the eyes. It looks like a promising eye cream focusing on a wide variety of concerns in the eye area. If it's good, I'll address it in a favorites or empties post in the future.

A'pieu Pure Block Natural Sun Cream SPF 45/PA++ ($21.99)
This sunscreen is non-sticky and non-chalky. Contains aloe vera and watermelon extracts and six kinds of berry and flower complex to soothe and protect skin.

Directions: Apply a generous amount to skin at the final step of skincare.

Ingredients: Water, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl salicylate, Butylene Glycol, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, Methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Citrus aurantifolia, Cetearyl Olivate, Adansonia Digitata Seed Extract, Prunus Persica Flower Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Nylon-12, Sorbitan Olivate, Sodium Hydroxide, Pyrus malus, Dimethicone, Polyacrylate-13, Panthenol, Polyisobutene, PEG-100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Punica Granatum Flower Extract, Sorbitan Stearate, Oryza sativa, Malpighia Emarginata, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Prunus avium, Citrus aurantium dulcis, Citrullus Lanatus Fruit Extract, Sorbitan isostearate, Polysorbate 20, BHT, Disodium EDTA, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Flavor
(I'm pretty sure the last ingredient should be Fragrance but CosDNA lists it as Flavor. There is only a partial ingredients list on the wrapping of the tube and nothing on the tube itself.)

Summer is almost over but I will continue wearing sunscreen on my face all year round and on my hands if I'm not wearing gloves. The only form of sunscreen I can wear on my face in the late spring and summer is a gel. Other forms exacerbate oils on my face and cause me to break out even more than I usually would. Usually I can wear sun creams on my face in the winter or I'll use it for my body in the warmer months. Currently I'm finishing up The Orchid Skin Orchid Flower Aqua UV Sun Gel (love this!) for my face and The Face Shop Super Perfect Sun Cream (don't like this one and will talk about it in my next empties post) for my body.  I've got a Secret Key Sun Cream I need to get through before I open up the A'pieu. Hopefully it has a scent that doesn't bother me and is not greasy.


Freebie- Spa Headband
Clearly this headband is not meant to be worn in the summer with its thick material. However, it's super soft and I can't seem to resist petting it. I love when blankets and pajamas are made of this material. Anyway, the headband is super cute with the bow and pink color.

FINAL THOUGHTS
This is a fantastic box and two of the products, the Iope cream and Herb Cleansing Oil Gel, are like a blast from the past for me. I purchased the Skincare Box because of these two items and the eye cream. The Memebox staff selected great products for the box and the headband is a nice bonus item. Sadly, the Staff Picks Skincare Box is currently sold out but it may come back in stock at some point! The box was sold for $32 with a value of $92. I paid $25.80 and received 5 Memecat points ($5) to be used for a future order. Currently there is a promotion for 50% off all regular priced XO Memebox items until 9/20 11:50 PM PST with the code XOXO50.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment