Saturday, August 8, 2015

August 2015 Birchbox

It's here, the August Birchbox! I was pleasantly surprised to have it arrive earlier than usual. 


Birchbox is a monthly subscription box ($10 plus tax) of personalized beauty, grooming, and lifestyle deluxe sized samples tailored to your profile. You can accumulate points with each box and redeem those points at the Birchbox shop. If you review all your products in each monthly box, you can accumulate 50 points. That's equivalent to $5 and half the value of the box.
 
The Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliners are great but I won't be taking advantage of the offer. I have more than enough eyeliners and will probably receive more in the future from various subscription boxes.

 
For a description of each product, refer to the information card above.

IPKN Flash Cream Radiant Primer
 
Independent Professional Korean Newyorker is a Korean brand which harmonizes career and comfort in pursuit of a New Yorker's lifestyle, according to their website. I received the IPKN Moist & Firm BB in a Memebox so I'll use the primer and BB together at some point. Receiving this brand in a Birchbox is a sign of how mainstream K-beauty is becoming and it's more and more accessible in the U.S. Tony Moly seems to be the most available at the moment (if you don't mind the major price hike) with their products sold at Ulta, Sephora, and Urban Outfitters.

Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk (Natural Tint)
I've eyed this dry shampoo several times at Duane Reade out of curiosity. I have a love hate relationship with dry shampoos and to this day have not found any that work for my hair type. I also can't stand the scent of most dry shampoos. With that said, I'm willing to give this a try *fingers crossed* and I like how it's naturally tinted for brunettes. It's never looks good when you have white residue on black hair.

Scalisi Skincare Anti-Aging Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF30
This is a rather pricey moisturizer at $65. I'm unfamiliar with the brand so I did some googling. They are a 100% women owned company (I like them already) with all products made in the U.S. Their products have been scientifically proven to prevent and repair visible wrinkles in 8 weeks using the best of science, nature and beauty.

St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower
I am the last person that should receive a product like this. I walk around with a scarf, wear long sleeves, use an umbrella or stand in the shade to avoid the sun and a tan. I am your typical Korean who wants to have "snow white" skin and embraces paleness. The only part of my body that I'd like to tan are my legs but the Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer takes care of that. This Gradual Tan seems a little high maintenance for me and adds an extra step in the shower. I'll be passing this along to someone else.

theBalm cosmetics Balm Desert Bronzer/Blush
 
The only Balm product I currently own is the Nude 'tude palette. I've heard so many good things about their blushes and bronzers that I'm tempted to buy everything when they're on Hautelook. My blush collection has gotten out of control so I've placed myself on a no buy for a bit with blushes. I was pretty excited to see Desert in the box but it sure is tiny. The packaging is half the size of a chapstick tube in width and length. The actual bronzer/blush is the size of my thumb nail.

FINAL THOUGHTS
I've been lucky so far because I've been happy with all the boxes. I've received 4 so far. The St. Tropez Gradual Tan was the only dud of the box because it isn't relevant to me. Otherwise, I'll be trying and using everything so August is another "hit" for me.

What did you receive in your Birchbox this month???

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for stopping by,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment