Saturday, January 24, 2015

Top 5 Every Day Products

I'm always baffled at the quantity of beauty products I've accumulated since I tend to gravitate towards the same things as I get ready in the morning. There are some beauty staples that surpass the level of essential and these five products have done that for me!



Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup Foundation in Ivory SPF15 ($60)
Up until three years ago I hardly ever wore foundation since I had relatively good skin. Then I experienced the most awful hormonal cystic acne that would leave angry, red marks on my face. My best friend and I took a trip to Sephora and this amazing SA picked out the foundation for me. I know it's expensive but the finish is amazing while leaving my skin looking nearly flawless. It offers a medium to full coverage. The packaging looks expensive and the foundation doesn't have much of a scent. There are 11 shades to choose from so you should be able to find a color match. The foundation is vegan and does not contain any parabens, sulfates, or synthetic fragrances.



Revecen Face Control Foundation in Violet ($20) 
I received this in my Memebox Luckybox #11. It's a unique face control foundation that works to cover up skin imperfections and control dull, yellow skin tone for a more refined, evenly balanced, and healthier looking finish with base makeup. Plus it contains natural preserrvatives such as green tea and magnolia extracts making it gentle and suitable for all skin types.
When I'm unfamiliar with a brand I always try to find a little background information on their philosophy. This is a Korean brand and they call themselves a professional coloring brand name which is a short form of "lereve de cendrillon" (the dream of Cinderella). The idea is that Revecen cosmetics can make every woman pretty like Cinderella. They sell cosmetics, cleansing, hair and body care. The brand is positioning itself as a high class cosmetics brand in South East Asian Markets like China and Malaysia. I use this as a base underneath my foundation to "color correct" the yellow undertones in my skin. The formula is surprisingly creamy, very pigmented, and feels comfortable on the skin. It blends out nicely and brightens my face. I have light skin so this works well for me. I imagine if you have a medium to dark complexion this might leave a white cast on your face. In any case, this is a high quality product and I'm happy with the results it gives me.






Elf Studio Lip Exfoliator ($3)
In the winter I suffer from extremely flaky lips and this is my solution. It's made of sugar and infused with Vitamin E, shea butter, jojoba and grape oils, and avocado to nourish and protect the lips. This is so inexpensive and it removes any dry, chapped skin. After exfoliation, my lips feel smooth and it makes lipstick application very easy. 
















Aquaphor Healing Ointment (1.75oz varies from $4.99-6.99)
This stuff is amazing! The uses for this product are to temporarily protect against minor cuts, scrapes, and burns and help relieve chapped or cracked skin and lips. I apply this at night and wake up with my lips feeling very moisturized. After I use the Elf lip exfoliator in the morning I slather this on my lips as well. When I went to visit my family in Ohio over the holidays my hands were unbelievably dry. My normal hand moisturizer wasn't relieving the dryness so I resorted to the Aquaphor with wonderful results. If you suffer from eczema, this will work like a charm. 









Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Achiote ($26)
This is a long wearing, soft blush infused with Amazonian clay harvested from the banks of the Amazonian river and naturally baked by the sun. The clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance the skin and keep the product in place while hydrating the skin naturally to restore moisture, reducing the appearance of dry, flaky skin. There are 16 shades in this line and they're all gorgeous. The blushes are pigmented and fulfills their claim of lasting almost all day with a natural ingredient list. They give my cheeks a great pop of color with a natural looking glow.



Stay tuned for another haul next week! I should have it up by Tuesday. Until then, enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by. 
                                                                Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment