Monday, January 26, 2015

Etude House Haul


I've been debating for quite some time whether or not I should purchase some things from Etude House. The brand has such cute packaging and I've heard good things about their skincare items and makeup. As luck would have it, I stumbled upon a sale on their website and decided to pick up a few things. (Free shipping with a $50 purchase and the masks were half off)





Just like Innisfree, Etude House is a Korean brand owned by Amore Pacific. Since I am a classical pianist I already knew the definition of an etude, which is a musical composition written as an exercise to showcase the skill of the player or improve his or her technique. On the about section for Etude House this is what is written:
           ETUDE means 'beautiful study of Chopin' in French. We contain the scene
             of perky young women who tries something new and changes constantly
             for their bright and happy life.
HUH, me thinks they need a new translator or they tried to use Google translate. Having grown up with Korean speaking parents, this kind of makes sense to me and I get the gist. Anyhoo, I feel a soft spot coming on for the brand with the reference to Chopin's piano etudes. (Here's a little music trivia-Chopin wrote 27 etudes, Opus 10 and 25, and three more without an opus number) Amazing music, but back to my haul!

I Need You Mask ($0.95)
I purchased a total of 5 masks: tea tree, lemon, hyaluronic acid, pearl, and mugwort. There were a few others I wanted to purchase but, sadly, they were already out of stock. I will do a more in depth review of these masks in the future.  







Collagen Eye Patch ($1)
I've been looking for something to improve my under eye area besides eye cream. These were inexpensive and seemed like a good option to try. The patch is formulated with collagen to revitalize and improve appearance around the eyes. I went a little crazy and ordered 16 of them so I hope they're effective.
















Sugar Tint Balm ($8)
As if I didn't own enough lip products, I couldn't help but add more to my collection. There are 8 shades and I picked up 4: cranberry pie #02, apple kiss #03, grape jam #07, and blackberry jelly #08. These balms come with a sweet color that gently melt onto lips for long lasting soft and moist lips. They look really pigmented for a tint balm but I'm curious to see how long the shades wear. I'm pretty excited to swatch and try these out since they seem to be fairly new products. Let me know if any of you out there have tried these.

As always, thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment