Monday, January 4, 2016

Petitfee Black Pearl & Gold Hydrogel Eye Patch Review

I was digging through my skincare stash last month and unearthed the Petitfee Black Pearl & Gold Hydrogel Eye Patch. I received the patches in a previous Memebox but it must have been a box that didn't contain an information card. I keep all the cards so I can refer to them when I use each product. (I know I'm not the only one out there who collects old Memebox info cards!)
I have normal skin in the under eye area all year round. Sometimes it can get a little oily right under my eyes if it's a particularly hot and humid day. That wasn't really a concern for the month of December although NYC did experience record high temperatures last month. I have some discoloration under the eyes but dark circles are not on my radar right now. As far as eye concerns, I've always had puffy eyes or eye bags and it's definitely gotten worse over the course of my 39 years of existence. And another minor concern is that I'm starting to see fine lines creep in when I smile or laugh.
The patches contain a premium combination of black pearl and pure gold powder which helps to improve blood circulation for a radiant, rosy glow. They are soaked in a blend of green tea, mugwort and tangerine extracts concentrated into a rich essence. These lavish ingredients rejuvenate tired skin and dull eye bags for a brighter and healthier look.
The ingredients list according to CosDNA.
Yikes, carrageenan gets a 5 for a potential acne trigger.
Typically I test out a product for about a month before I write a review to gather my thoughts and form an opinion. I've been using the Petitfee Black Pearl & Gold Eye Patch for 20 days on a daily basis. There are 60 patches in each jar for 30 uses so I've used 2/3 of the product, enough for me to have an opinion.
Use product within 2 months of opening the jar.
The biggest downside to this product is the scent! It's pretty overpowering and I can smell it on my face for the next few hours. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to continue using the patches after the first use. I've sort of built up a tolerance to the scent now and it doesn't bother me nearly as much. I'm not sure how to exactly describe the scent but it has a very sweet, strong, floral scent. Stay clear of this if you're sensitive to fragrance and/or you do not like floral scents.
I strongly recommend keeping the protective seal on the product to keep the patches from drying out. I would actually shake the jar/container upside down (you can hear the essence in there) to sufficiently soak the patches on top since the essence is concentrated at the bottom of the jar. The protective seal helps to keep the liquid from dripping out and getting everywhere.
You can see gold flecks in the patches.
You could probably use the eye patches on smile lines but I did not. Since I'm very acne prone on the lower half of my face and there is a pretty high acne trigger in the product, I didn't want to take a chance and risk a breakout.
Don't lose the spatula since the patches are slippery and difficult to pick up without it.
I love how instantly cooling these patches are. I read some reviews where people complained about an instant burning sensation when using these and, thankfully, I didn't experience that. I'm guessing they were sensitive to an ingredient(s) in them so make sure to read the ingredients list carefully before using. I have the most eye puffiness in the morning so it was most beneficial to me for use in the mornings. You can dry your hair, eat some breakfast, brush your teeth, and take off the patches 25-30 minutes later. If you want the patches even colder, store them in the refrigerator. They're also nice to use in the middle of the day if your eyes are feeling tired.
As far as product claims, I wouldn't say this offers intense hydration. It's quite moisturizing for me but it won't provide enough moisture for someone with a dry-very dry eye area in my opinion. You'd be better off using an eye cream. However, the cooling properties of the patches do help with decreasing puffiness and improve the appearance of eye bags for a "brighter and healthier look." It's a temporary solution for eye bags and something you will need to use on a regular basis. Since I used the patches every day I did see noticeable improvement but I'm sure the eye bags will be back with decreased usage.

You can find the Petitfee Eye Patch at Memebox for $18, Amazon for $9.98 with Prime, Korea Depart for $6.33 plus shipping by weight, and RoseRoseShop for 4.91 plus shipping by weight. Wow, that's a big price difference between RRShop and Memebox!

I'd give the Petitfee Black Pearl & Gold Hydrogel Eye Patch a 3.5/5 stars which is not too bad in my book. I knocked off 1 star for the overwhelming scent and 1/2 a star for the lack of intensive hydration. I wouldn't recommend this product for anyone who has a dry under eye area, particularly sensitive to fragrance, looking to decrease fine lines or wrinkles that aren't considered minor, and suffering from dark circles. While I liked what this did for eye puffiness and a little extra hydration, I won't repurchase it again after I finish the product. I'm going to continue searching for eye patches that have the same benefits without the strong fragrance.

Follow or like me on Twitter and Facebook for updates. It also helps me out a lot!

As always, thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment