Saturday, January 23, 2016

Memebox Haul #5

Blizzard conditions here in NYC and the east coast today. Crossing the street to get to the gym this morning with all the wind proved to be more difficult than I thought it would be.
The view from my apartment this morning. Where's the East River?
I feel like it's been FOREVER since I've done a haul and purchased anything beauty related. This is because I placed myself on a no buy after my last purchase, Dec. 15. I wasn't sure how I was going to do but I held my ground just short of five weeks. I even managed to stay strong during all the Christmas and New Year sales. And the biggest benefit to the no buy was seeing the amount of money I saved in my account over the past month!

Anyway...there were some things from Memebox I'd been eyeing over the past few weeks so I decided to put in an order. I received a tracking number the day I made the order which has never happened to me before. The people in the warehouse must be working at lightning speed or I got extremely lucky. 
Ko So Young on the insert.
Ryo Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo for Oily Scalp ($16)
Troubled over excessively greasy and sticky hair? This must be because your scalp produces an imbalance amount of moisture due to lack of nutrients! Ryo’s hair Shampoo for Oily Scalp is specially formulated with premium herbal extracts that helps regulate the scalp’s moisture levels. This also delivers an abundant amount of nutrients to keep the scalp healthy and clean.

Yes, I have excessively greasy hair at the roots! I've tried "training" my hair in the past by avoiding frequent washings but my hair type doesn't seem to respond to it. I've used other Korean shampoo brands before like Daengimori and Skylake but this Ryo (the brand is under the umbrella of Amore Pacific Corp.) one looks promising. Less hair falling out in the shower is always a good thing. Plus, Ko So Young represents and endorses the brand. She's an actress (although she hasn't been active since she married Jang Dong Gun, another popular actor, and had 2 children), model, fashionista, and has great hair. The shampoo has a heavy ginseng scent which I happen to like but I know there are people out there who dislike the scent.
Tosowoong Dr. Troubex Soothing Mask Pack ($1.50)
Worried about acneic and troubled skin? This mask provides intensive relief to irritated and troubled skin. It contains centella asiatica extract and aloe vera leaf extract which both work as perfect anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agents to help the skin recover. It is also specially formulated to aid with redness and keep the skin’s hydration levels balanced.

Not much to say about this without having tried it but I do have acne, troubled skin that needs relief at certain times of the month. Most likely I'll wait for a major breakout to happen and write up a review afterwards.
Bon Vivant Botanical Mask Pack Clarifying & Hydrating Rose ($2)
I was really tempted to break my no buy when I saw these masks released for $1 each on the website. Fortunately for me, they sold out in the blink of an eye before I had a chance to place them in my cart. They reappeared a few days later but with a $1 increase. You can also pick up a box set with 10 masks inside for $15. The retail value is $30 so Memebox may raise the price at some point in the future. *fingers crossed* they don't do this! I bought 2 masks since I didn't want to commit to a whole box without trying one first. As expected, the response on these masks have been positive.
Bon Vivant Botanical Mask Pack Pore Tightening & Sebum Control ($2)
I also purchased two of these which contain tea tree and peppermint leaf.
Beauty of Joseon Dynasty Cream ($22)
A multifunctional skincare cream that embraces natural oriental beauty by giving you fair, soft and youthful skin. Infused with premium natural ingredients including Korean ginseng and orchid extract, this cream is rich in high quality nutrients beneficial to the skin’s improvement. It provides proper moisture to keep the skin beautifully glowy all throughout the day while also balancing melanin production to enhance complexion. This also serves as an excellent anti-aging cream as it effectively firms and improves elasticity of the skin to diminish appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.

I've heard so many amazing things about this cream recently that I had to see for myself what all the fuss was about. You can use this in a variety of ways as a sleeping pack, massage cream, or a makeup base before applying foundation. Of lesser importance, there used to be a pink rice paper cover over the jar which seemed to help with product leakage. I had no issues with my cream when it arrived and everything was intact minus the paper. However many Membox customers who ordered this had spillage issues with their cream upon receiving it. Personally, I think the rice paper serves more as a cosmetic purpose than a functional purpose in terms of protecting the product but the lack of a paper cover has some people upset about it. All I really care about it how the dynasty cream can help my skin.
I also received an extra Tosowoong Pure Green Tea Mask as a sample. I'm always appreciative of free sheet masks because you can never have too many in your stash!

Follow or like me on Twitter and Facebook for updates. It also helps me out a lot!

Thanks for stopping by,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment