Tuesday, November 10, 2015

November 2015 Birchbox

 
Birchbox is a monthly subscription box ($10 plus tax) of personalized beauty, grooming, and lifestyle deluxe sized samples tailored to your profile. You can accumulate points with each box and redeem those points at the Birchbox shop. If you review all your products in each monthly box, you can accumulate 50 points which is equivalent to $5 and half the value of the box.

This month was a little unusual in that subscribers could customize their own boxes. You had the option of selecting the Glam Life Guru Box or a box curated by Birchbox with a lip product from the LOC (Love of Color) line. Glam Life Guru is the name of Tati Westbrook's YouTube channel where she posts beauty videos every day, Monday through Friday. I've been subscribed to her channel for a few years and really like her. She created an exclusive line, LOC, with Birchbox that consists of 3 matte lipsticks and 5 eye shadow sticks. 
Anyone who chose Tati's box was already aware of the contents inside since it was released on the Birchbox site. The box includes some of her must have products for skin, hair, and makeup. 

Avene Hydrance Optimale Hydrating Serum 
The only Avene product I've ever used is the Thermal Spring Water which was not bad. This particular serum is geared towards very dehydrated sensitive skin. I definitely do not have dehydrated skin but I do have sensitive skin. I'm not sure how long this 5 ml sample will last but it's probably enough to form an opinion about it. 

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo
I've heard many people rave about Living Proof hair products, particularly the dry shampoo, but I have yet to try the brand. I've pretty much given up on dry shampoos because they don't soak up grease on my scalp which is the main reason why I'd use it. I know some people use it to add texture and volume to their hair but I get lazy about using hair products. I've also been washing my hair every day so there hasn't been much of a need for dry shampoo. However, I'm slightly curious if this really is that good so maybe I'll skip a hair wash to see what it's all about. 

LOC One & Done Shadow Stick (Day Trip)
Not really a fan of the shade, a warm, shimmery copper. I do like the formula so it's a shame I won't be using it. It's creamy, very pigmented, and doesn't transfer. Once you apply the shadow stick to the lids, the color sets right away. I had to use an oil cleanser to remove the swatch from my hand so it's definitely waterproof. If you're looking for a long wearing shadow stick, you'll want to try out this formula.

Jouer Lip Enhancer
This has a thinner consistency than I expected and it's slightly watery. It has a faint taste with a light floral perfume like scent. The lip enhancer does a good job of moisturizing the lips without leaving them feeling sticky or greasy. This claims to help minimize lines and increase fullness which I haven't really noticed. The 0.15 oz is a good size to bring in your purse or on a trip.

Shiseido Ultimune Eye Power Infusing Eye Concentrate
The full size of this is $65 which is pricey. Back in the day, I used quite a bit of Shiseido products. My mom made friends with the lady at the Shisedo counter in Macy's and she would get a crap load of deluxe sized samples and products for a good deal. Anyway, I stopped using their products a long time ago. The eye concentrate is a little more scented than I'd like, a definite floral scent. It's clear and surprisingly light in consistency, almost like a gel. Even if I like what this does for my eye area, I won't purchase the full size because of the scent. 

FINAL THOUGHTS
It's another solid box from Birchbox. I'm so happy I decided to subscribe to the them and don't know why I didn't join earlier. It's a great way to try new products and be introduced to brands you wouldn't ordinarily hear about or gravitate towards. I wasn't sure if I was going to continue on to next year but I plan on staying subscribed to Birchbox for awhile. I look forward to using my points I've saved up at the Birchbox shop, yay!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway.
Make sure to follow me on Twitter and Facebook for updates.

As always, thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment