Sunday, November 15, 2015

Memebox Mini K-Beauty Starter Kit

Not too long ago Memebox released the Mini K-Beauty Starter Kit for $10. It's currently out of stock but the kit may be resold at some point down the road. It's best to check the site regularly for newly released products or boxes and restocked items.

The products are packaged in a cute little box and there are printed Memecats at the top of the box. Inside there are deluxe sized and packet samples categorized by the different steps in a skincare routine. It's a great way to try out products before you commit to the full size and great for anyone who travels on a regular basis.

Cleanse
I was hoping for the Banila Co. Clean It Zero and instead received the Botanic Farm Grain Cleansing Sherbet. I have the full size Cleansing Sherbet and a half used deluxe sized Clean It Zero in my skincare stash which I love. I can see why it's constantly sold out and it's great for removing stubborn makeup.
This is the second deluxe sized Benton Honest Cleansing Foam I have since the first one came in a Mishibox. The cleanser has a pretty high pH level but it's not too much of a concern for me. Honestly I've been using the cleanser to clean my Real Techniques sponge so I don't know what it's like on the face.

Exfoliate/Mask
I will definitely bring this Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off with me on my Thanksgiving travels. I've been into sheet masks and the Secret Key Lemon D-Toc Peel so I've been neglecting the use of an actual scrub or exfoliator lately. I'll try this with a little bit of cleansing oil as suggested by the directions.

Tone
The Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Skin Toner comes in a 15 ml sample size. I'm glad it's not in a packet since I go through toner like it's water. Sort of wished Memebox had included another toner but that's a personal preference. The only skincare products I've used from Innisfree are their sheet masks so this is a good chance to see what their actual skincare stuff is like. I like that everything included from the brand is in the Green Tea line.

Serum, Effector & Essence
There are three 1 ml sized packets of the Innisfree Green Tea Serum. Everything in this category is in smaller sized packets so there might not be enough product to test if it's suitable for your skin type. There are 5 different varieties of the It's Skin Power 10 Effectors: VC Effector with Vitamin C Derivatives, PO Effector with Houttuynia Corata extract (also known as chameleon leaf), WH Effector with Arbutin, YE Effector with Yeast Polypeptides, and the Syn-ake. And the last product is one packet of the Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence. My skin seems to be mildly sensitive to products with snail mucin but a one time use shouldn't cause that much of a reaction right?

Treat
Included is one packet of the Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid which contains a 4% natural BHA component of Betain Salicylate in effectively removing blackheads and dead skin cells. The other packet is a Cosrx AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid which contains a 7% natural AHA component of Glycolic acid to remove whiteheads trapped inside pores and leaves the skin soft and clear. I've come across many positive reviews about both of these products but never felt inclined to purchase them for some reason. I definitely have a serious case of blackheads, especially on my nose. I have used the Cosrx acne patches which many people love but they did not work for me at all. That might have been one reason why I never purchased Cosrx products but I really shouldn't discount a brand because one raved about product didn't work for me. It would have been nice to see some sort of acne treatment included in this category.

Moisturize
The last three products are not in packets. There is a Goodal Moisture Barrier Cream (10 ml), an Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Cream (5 ml) and a Balancing Lotion (15 ml) from the same line. There's a good mix of moisturizers included and one of them should fit your specific skin type. The Innisfree Cream seems like it may be too heavy for my skin but the other two should be fine.

There was also an extra Cosrx Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence which isn't included in the information card. It's enriched with more than 95% Galactomyces to moisturize the skin and support skin renewal.

Pretty much everything in this starter kit is new for me so I didn't hesitate to purchase it. I can see why some people might be turned off to paying for samples but $10 for this kit seemed more than reasonable to me. This could also be a good gift idea for anyone who is interested in or starting to get into a K-beauty skincare routine.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway here. You have until 10 PM EST tonight!
Make sure to follow me on Twitter and Facebook for updates.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment