Monday, June 20, 2016

Farewell (안녕) Birchbox

Recently Birchbox made a change in their loyalty points program which many of you may already be aware of. While I understand the need for the change from a business standpoint, the subscription service has lost its appeal for me. I've been pretty unsatisfied with the samples in my boxes this year but the ability to earn 50 review points ($5) each month had been the one appealing thing for me about the service. You can still earn points for the July box but I've already gone ahead and cancelled the monthly box subscription.

I was hoping to save the review points and redeem them in November when Birchbox has their Black Friday 25% off promotion. Since I can't do that anymore I decided to cash out the majority of my points and purchase the Laura Gellar Beauty Balance-n-Brighten in Fair. (Little did I know the brand would be appearing on Hautelook this Wednesday.) I might occasionally shop at the Birchbox store or if there's an amazing featured box but it's farewell to the monthly boxes.

If you're a Birchbox subscriber, what is/was your reaction to the change in the points system?

Follow or like me on Twitter and Facebook for updates. It helps me out a lot!

Thanks for stopping by,
Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment