Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Drugstore Haul

Can you believe it's been SIX MONTHS since I bought any sort of beauty related item??? That includes personal care items like body wash, hair care, and body lotion. It also goes to show you how much I tend to stock up on products. When you have twins on the way and live in a two bedroom apartment where a grand piano takes up more than half of the second bedroom, reality starts to kick in and you realize buying more products would not help the lack of space situation. Anyway, I happened to walk into Harmon's on my way to Trader Joe's and I couldn't resist picking up a few things.

Maybelline Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds Lip Color ($5.59)
Delivers one stroke intensity with hyper-color pigments and an opaque, creamy clay base. Available in a variety of 20 shades from deep plums and electric blues to vibrant reds and natural nudes. Dermatologist and allergy tested.
I was watching a Youtuber do lip swatches of all the shades and it piqued my curiosity about the line. There are some shades I personally wouldn't wear like Wickedly White, Pitch Black, or Midnight Blue but some women can rock that kind of bold look. The two shades I purchased are 770 Mauve It and 800 Dynamite Red. They have the same scent typical of all Maybelline lipsticks which I'm not a fan of but the formula more than makes up for the terrible scent. I've only worn Mauve It once and I think I like the formula even better than the Creamy Mattes. It's smoother, more opaque, feels comfortable on the lips and has about a 4-5 hour wear time.

Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Concealer ($6.99)
A 2-in-1 targeted concealer and corrector with Actyl-C, an ingredient known for its antioxidant benefits and a form of vitamin C. Instantly provides all day flawless correction and visibly reduces the appearance of dark circles, spots, and imperfections in 3 weeks. Medium to full coverage and for all skin types. Available in 6 shades: Ivory (purchased), Light, Light/Medium, Medium, Medium/Deep, and Deep.
This concealer has been around for awhile but I still wanted to give it a try. I'm curious to see if it will really reduce or lighten spots and hyperpigmentation but I'm not going count on it. As long as the coverage is there, I don't have any other expectations with the product claims. My first impression is the concealer blends well, gives about a medium coverage, and doesn't cling to dry patches. Don't forget to look out for manufacturer coupons when buying drugstore makeup. I was able to get $1 off the two lipsticks and $2 off the concealer.

Milani Baked Blush ($7.49)
Richly pigmented and highly buildable, there are matte and shimmery shades with the perfect pop of color for every skin tone. Shape, contour, and highlight your best features. Available in 9 shades: 01 Dolce Pink, 02 Rose D'oro, 03 Berry Amore, 04 Luminoso (purchased), 06 Bellissimo Bronze, 08 Corallina, 09 Red Vino, 10 Delizioso Pink, 11 Bella Rosa
This is another product I'm late to the game on. Everyone always talks about Luminoso and Milani blushes are known for being very pigmented. It's a shimmery peach shade and a little goes a long way.

Essence Silky Touch Blush ($2.99)
A powder blush with a silky texture that blends evenly and easily. Adds a touch of natural freshness to your complexion. Available in 4 shades: 10 Adorable (purchased), 20 Babydoll, 50 Sweetheart, and 60 Life's a Cherry.
Essence is a great drugstore brand for blushes and lip products and very affordable if you're on a budget. I'm surprised there's only four shades in the line because the Silky Touch Blushes are such a popular product. Adorable is a nice pink, a bit on the chalky side, but quite pigmented for a $3 blush.

Essence Lip Liner ($1.99)
Glides on smoothly and precisely to ensure perfect lip contours. The wooden lip liner is ideal for smudge proof and long lasting makeup. Available in 8 shades: 05 Soft Berry, 06 Satin Mauve (purchased), 07 Cute Pink, 08 Red Blush, 11 In the Nude (purchased), 12 Wish Me a Rose, 14 Femme Fatale, and 15 Honey Berry.
I love these lip liners and own three of them, shades 05, 08, and 12. They do smell like wood and kind of taste faintly like wood. Not that I've ever tasted tree bark but that's how I'd imagine it would taste if I did. The liners do glide on smoothly and ensure longer lasting lip color so I don't mind the smell and taste too much.

e.l.f. Flawless Concealer Brush ($3)
Creates an airbrush effect using any liquid or powder concealer and buildable coverage from light to heavy for a look that is smooth and flawless.
I love the e.l.f. studio line brushes and own 5 or 6 of them. The concealer brush is soft and seems versatile in that you could use it for applying highlighter or eye shadow as well. Plus it's very budget friendly and well made considering how affordable it is.

Ulta is currently offering 20% off your entire purchase through September 3 on non-prestige brands which includes drugstore and Korean brands like Its Skin and Tony Moly.
I might also have a Memebox haul up very soon since I've been loading up and editing my cart for months. I'm holding off until this weekend to see if they have some sort of Labor Day weekend promotion or sale going on. Running dangerously low on sheet masks and we can't have that happen.

Follow or like me on Twitter and Facebook for updates. It helps me out a lot!

Thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment